Chapter 29 - Remembering You

"They just arrived back in Bangkok a few days ago. There is someone we want you to meet as well"

"Try to talk to her, she will be your new friend from now on. We have all sorts of ties with the family and it is best if you two get along"

Their first meeting was something Saint held close to his heart. The feelings and emotions he felt that day...reminded him of her. The warmth, love and happiness he once knew was taken away from him and replaced with his family's coldness...but then he found Orn. Someone to show him that he was worthy of those things again. That he didn't need to be cold and stubborn with her. Over the years he grew accustomed to her being by his side and the people she brought along as well. It's how he was able to meet a struggling math student Billy and newly foreign transfer student Opp. Even with the introduction of new friends, it was Orn that stayed his safe place for years...she knew everything but all that changed when he left. Not knowing how their friend was doing in a new country scared them but they had to come to terms with it possibly being him adjusting to everything over there. It was more of Opp who voiced his opinion on the matter - saying it was stupid for Saint to be there when they had one more year of high school left. He could have finished out in Thailand and then left to attend some prestigious college on the east coast. He also wasn't afraid to voice it in front of the other families as well. Billy kept trying to convince his mom to work out some type of exchange program with Saint's grandfather. Two years of college there and then come back to Thailand for the rest. That plan would have been more looked into if Saint didn't come back after completing his first year. For Orn, it was her attachment issues rising when she didn't get texts, calls, or any video chats from him for a couple of months. The items he had given to them before he left were no use. Staring at a photo was different then having the actual person right next to you. It admittedly hurt all the friends to the point where their parents started to worry. Mew was their savior and the person who helped them all from not falling out of touch with Saint. He told the friend group what he was up to but also who he started to spend his time with. That's when they learned about the other Thai boy making headlines in America with his reckless behavior....but undoubtedly had a soft spot for their friend.

But now, as Saint looked into the house to see the group in there laughing their heads off and Orn standing not to far from him with her big brown eyes waiting for some type of response...he can't help but feel guilty towards her, Billy and Opp. His return was unknown to them. That one random evening he showed up at the same restaurant they were at and cheers were heard from the booth. It took a lot for Mew to keep it a secret from them but promised Saint he would. They were going to be together again - their group of four completed. Whenever Saint was asked why he came back, it was always the reason of "I missed my friends" "I was tired of being alone" "America was fine but I have a lot more in Thailand" and everyone believed him. If only that was the truth...

"You'll have all of us, Saint. For the first time in two years...we'll be here for you during it" Orn looked at him trying to not get emotional. It was hard for her too, Uncle Thorn was involved in her life prior to meeting Saint and they had a good friendship. Meeting his son became a bonus and allowed for her to have a new friend.

"You won't be alone. We can visit the cemetery, go to a temple, relax in the marina on the yacht, whatever you want" it was sounding like more of a plea rather than actual options being spoken. (A/N: I said graveyard instead of cemetery in the September Ties chapter completely forgetting they are two different things. My bad). Silence filled the air and Orn knew she pushed it a little.

"Hey, we don't have to plan it today. We still have three more days..."

"Later we'll discuss everything" Saint finally spoke up. Orn nodded her head but didn't break her eye contact from him. She felt something...like he wanted to talk more.