Chapter 20 - It's Our Thing Now

On the occasion, Mew would hear the little giggles and whispers from the two love birds in his back seats. He was originally on his way to Saint's grandfather's house when he got the phone call about them being locked out of Zee's car. A quick u-turn was made before he started to race over to where they were and half way through the drive, his phone started to ring again. He thought it was Saint maybe saying they found the keys but it turned out to be Mr. Namsiripongpun. He questioned why Mew was not at the house yet. All he told him was that Saint called him asking for help because he locked himself out of his apartment and Mew was the only person with the spare key. To give himself more time for everything, he also stated that he himself did not have the spare key on him since he didn't plan to see Saint at all today so he would need to go back to his apartment first.

When he looked in the rearview mirror, he saw Saint resting his head on Zee's shoulder while clinging to his right arm. He witnessed how Zee looked at Saint and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Both were still talking about something but Mew couldn't help but be happy for Saint. "Please, never forget this moment nong. Allow yourself the happiness you deserve" is what he thought to himself as he focused back on the road.

Once at Zee's apartment complex, both him and Saint were about to get out of the car but Saint told Mew he would be back in a couple of minutes.

"Take your time nong. I have to make a call anyway about having someone search that maze for his keys"

The two rushed to be under some type of covering in order to not get rained on again. Saint covered his hand with the long sleeve of his dress shirt and started to wipe away any water that was still left on his face. He only needed to do three wipes, two for his cheeks and one for his forehead. When he got done, he opened his eyes to see Zee looking at him. He moved closer and repeated the act on Zee's face.

"One...two...three, and then four for your nose" He began to roll up his sleeve when Zee started to talk.

"Thank you but do you think Phi's seats are going to be okay? I mean we were soaked when we got in"

"It should be, but if not then I'll most likely see a bill show up in my mailbox or email. It was a good thing that he was available since I don't think any of my friends would have been."

"It definitely was. I know for a fact that my friends wouldn't have been free either. Tommy is closing at work and Max is probably dead asleep after his shadowing at the clinic today." Saint looked back at the car to see if Mew was still there or parked somewhere different. He was still in the same spot but it was visible that he was talking on the phone because he left the car light on. He turned back to see that Zee had a little pout on his face.

"Hey, you couldn't control the weather Phi. Maybe this is a sign to start bringing an umbrella with us huh?"

"I guess you're right." Saint took the opportunity to slide both his arms around Zee's waist and hug him. Zee had one arm go around Saint and the other patting the back of his head and then resting on the upper half of Saint's body. Their cold bodies from the rain started to warm up with the embrace. 

"If I remember correctly, our first meeting happened in the rain and now our date did. Perhaps the rain is our thing. I've always liked it anyway. It's calming and feels nice compared to the hot weather we get all the time" Zee pulled away from the hug just a little to look at him and smile

"I like that idea. The rain is ours in someway"

Their hug lasted a bit longer before they heard the sound of footsteps and looked in it's direction. It was Tommy arriving home. He actually planned for the weather and had an umbrella for himself and was wearing a coat as well.