Chapter 18 - Views (pt.2)

Saint looked forward at the buildings in front of them trying to catch the glimpses of the blue sky and sun that hid behind them. He was still holding onto Zee' hand when he asked the question that took Zee off guard. The thoughts of always having his life planned out arose in Saint's mind. Moments like these were rare for him and he wanted to cherish it and live in the moment, but it is always hard to.

"But what if that moment is already planned?"

It was a question that stumped Zee since he never had to think of life in that way. Everyday was a new adventure for him. Yes he may work and go to school most of the days but when something random happens within them, it becomes an opportunity of adventure for him. Having your whole day planned out to the tee is something un-wantable for him. Nevertheless, this was probably how Saint lived half his life and Zee understood that.

He squeezed Saint's hand to get his attention. "Moments can be planned, but it's the unexpected ones that peek our interest because they had to happen for a reason"

Saint let himself think before speaking. "You're speaking very wise today Phi."

"I'll take that as a compliment so thank you"

"I feel bad"

"Why?"

"You're supposed to be working and here you are with me - on the roof of the building, holding my hand, and watching the view in front of us"

"If it makes you feel any better, I did technically keep you from class earlier today. Think of this as compensation for that. Less guilt on both our ends, but I probably do need to go back downstairs. Tommy might be losing his mind right about now."

"You're right, it was selfish of me to keep you any longer. Maybe another day I'll kidnap you from the cafe" Saint let go of Zee's hand to get himself up and dust off anything on his shirt and pants.

"Another day?" Zee asked as he took the hand Saint let out for him to grab.

"I have to come here for a decent amount of time now. Unless I'm studying or finding some type of excuses to not be here, I become like P'Mew and live here at night."

Zee had done the same thing of dusting off anything that could leave dust on his clothes before having to head back downstairs.

"I'll text you when I get out of work, Okay nong?"

"Okay, now go before I give P'Tommy a reason not to like me anymore"

Zee went back into the building first as Saint stayed on the roof a bit longer. He remembered the first time he came up here as a kid. His father had brought him along to work that day. They attended meetings together but when his grandfather started to talk to his dad, Saint snuck off to find something to do. The stairs became his entertainment by jumping up and down them but then realized they lead to somewhere. He opened the way too heavy door and saw the flat surface with nothing on it. When he showed Mew it months later, he got a lecture to never come up here alone and that it was unsafe but Saint never listened.

Saint opened the door to his office to find Orn sitting in his chair and looking at her nails.

"You think I should change up the color? Maybe make them longer as well? A light purple color would look nice! What do you think?" She got up from the chair and went to pull down the blinds that would seal them off from everyone outside the glass door and walls. "Sit in your chair so I can sit in mine please and thank you"

"On it boss" Saint shook his head as he sat back down in his chair. He leaned back in it and shut his eyes but Orn looked at him with a certain facial expression that he was used to.