Chapter 2 - Brown

It was a beautiful day that turned sour. The sun and its humidity was out all morning but when noon hit, the clouds started to hide it and a cold breeze took over the hot weather. No one would have expected for it to downpour out of the blue. This left most university students studying or eating inside their respective facilities rather than outside at the canteens or benches/ tables around campus. If someone was to pass by the university, one would assume it was closed for the day.

*sigh*

It was the third one within the hour from the same person. "If you sigh...one more time, I will murder you...myself"

Both Saint and Orn stopped what they were doing to look up to see Billy staring down Opp. Saint was busy typing a paper for his English class while Orn was correcting her math from a previous test when Billy spoke with an annoyed tone.

Knowing he could possibly end up dead, Opp decided to test the waters with one big sigh.

"That's IT!" but before Billy could do anything, Orn had kicked his leg under the table and Saint did the same with Opp. Both boys winced in pain and held their legs in different areas.

"Remember boys, this is a library. Leave your bickering for another time." Orn said as she closed her note book. A peaceful study session is impossible with these two.

The rain had yet to stop and it would most likely continue into the night time. It did light up for a few seconds before going back to downpouring. They all could hear the heavy rain drops hit the roof of the building.

"I'm bored"

"When aren't you bored?" Saint asked "Matter of fact, why are you still here? You don't have any classes after 2pm" he continued

"That's why I'm still here.'' Opp pointed at the library entrance where Mild had just entered. Both Saint and Orn had to turn around to see what he was pointing at and all Orn could do was giggle and shake her head. On the other hand, Billy and Saint looked at each other confused.

When Mild pulled up a chair to sit with the four others, Opp began his rant.

"P' you said you would get on the fairway every time! There are only three holes with water hazards and you went into all three of them?!? You played nine holes and stayed on the fairway for only two of them! How did you land in a bush and in the sand consistently? Your own cousin who is twelve years old did better than you?!? I hope sand got in your shoes"

All three of his friends couldn't help but laugh. Unlike Opp who has never played golf with Mild, they knew exactly how bad he was. If you needed to make any bets on the Chantaviriyvait siblings, Orn was the one to go with.

"Yeah yeah, enough about me. Saint! How did the meeting go? Orn wouldn't tell me any details." Mild asked

To be honest, Saint hadn't told any of his friends how the meeting went. They all knew he was only part of the morning meeting so after 12pm, they once again blew up his phone with messages. Sadly Saint never got back to their texts because he knew he would see them all on Monday. Plus he was just too drained after everything. This proposal took up most of his free time.

Now all eyes are on him to spill every detail.

Saint cleared his throat before speaking. "It actually went really well. The hours leading up to the meeting weren't part of my plan though. My grandfather sent his car to pick me up and take me to the house. The so-called "breakfast" we had was silent as usual...but at any chance he got, he asked question after question regarding any information I would be presenting. I should have seen it coming."

After that last sentence, the four listening looked at one another with the same facial expressions. They all knew how Saint's relationship was with his grandfather. On the outside it looked fine but what happens behind closed doors only reaches so many ears.