Chapter 24 - Hi Benz

As soon as Monday morning rolled around, all the students at Ganjarerndee University knew they were entering one of the most important weeks of their academic journeys. Finals week hung over all of their heads but for different reasons. To those who were attending the university on a scholarship, they needed to meet the harsh requirement of scoring a B- or better on any finals given to them. Their grades did not matter if they couldn't pass the cumulative exam. To those with influential families, they felt the pressure of being in the top ten spots for their respective schools. With the arrival of Saint in the summer, those who previously held the number one spots were losing it with every exam they took. He stole the spot for every subject and it wasn't a shock to any of his friends because he had always been the smartest.

"As long as you're in the top five - you have nothing to worry about"

"You let the Chantaviriyvait daughter show you up on the last exam - don't let it happen again"

"Nong, I won't let you live it down if you don't place in the top ten"

"Just last semester you were sitting in one the number one spot?!? How did you lose it to someone who just came back to the country?"

"Show the Jitjang son's that you mean business sweetheart"

"Your sister were always at the top, keep up their legacy"

"Don't you dare think about losing your position Saint, do you understand?"

The libraries and canteens turned into studying areas for everyone and it was rare to find a student doing anything else but studying.

All three boys had been in a rush to get to school in the morning that none of them noticed Zee's phone sitting on the kitchen counter as they left the apartment. Both Zee and Tommy got to their class with seven minutes to spare. They didn't waste any time and started to quickly quiz each other before their professor came in with their exam papers. On the other side of campus, Saint, Opp and Orn were in the middle of their marketing exam while Billy was doing his human resource and management one. The international school was the only one that had different scheduling for finals. Since most students attended this school over the others, professors found block scheduling for finals were more efficient for them. This would then cause the students to find where their class was going to be and how long they were expected to be in a classroom. Certain subjects required two and a half hours for all the material to be looked at but also any type of oral exam for the world language classes could easily be done via appointments instead of having a whole block of time dedicated to it.

Zee had finished his exam before Tommy, so he decided to wait in the hallway. He thought about sending Saint another encouraging message like he did in the morning when he woke up but was worried that he might have forgotten to silence his phone. He figured he would send him one later, and wanted to check in on where his little brother was. Benz was due to be in Bangkok in the evening but he hadn't heard a word from him. It was at that moment he realized his phone was not with him and he let out an annoyed grunt. He could go get it after his exams for the day but that wouldn't be until almost three in the afternoon. When he finally saw Tommy coming out of the classroom, he asked to borrow his phone and filled both him and Max via text on the situation.

"There's no chance N'Benz comes anytime soon Zee'' Tommy leaned on the wall as Zee typed away on his phone.

"It's still safe to have both you and Max message him that if he does come early, to just enter the apartment, lock everything up and just wait until one of us gets home"

"He has the spare key right?"

"Yeah, I had one sent to the house when he first moved in so mae could have it in case of an emergency"