Soldiers Of The 87th.

(Loading platform. Imperial Navy boarding ports.)

"87th Vrinngrenadier Planetary Corp, prepare your gear and proceed to the boarding ramps!"
A voice over the loudspeaker system said.

Hearing this the soldiers of the 87th 'Munich' Vrinngrenadier Corp made one last check of their gear, making sure everything is in order, checking their weapons, secondary weapons, gear and other such things. They also made sure that all their motorized vehicles: Trucks and the other such vehicles under their disposal were ready and they soon set out, all 500,000 of them marching their way along the massive  Uberconcerete road towards the boarding ramps where they will take their place within the ship and be deployed to the Orion Maze theatre.

This place was the "Loading Platforms."
These were a massive series of loading and offloading areas that were purpose-built to get troops, materials, vehicles, tanks, Walkers, and all manner of military hardware and assets aboard transport ships.
This is the first stop and the place for any ship wishing to unload men, materials and military assets or the first stop to get these men, materials and assets on board before leaving.

Typically, the boarding platforms were built as hardened metals such as Archosite and the ever present Uberconcerete constructs designed to compliment dozens all the way up to hundreads of transportation and cargo ships. Complete with its own resting areas for troops and other storage and triage areas as well as other facilities.

In the case of the Kovenant forces assigned to Kommando Orion Maze and thus were involved in the operation... They had already been waiting in the utterly massive waiting areas for no less than 3 days, awaiting the transports. In that time, the Soldiers were allowed to say their final goodbye to family and friends but to not reveal anything about the mission and where they are being deployed... The troops of course accepted and indeed, they took those days as an opportunity to say farewell to family and friends.

As for the 87th Vrinngrenadier Planetary Corp... They had just arrived at the massive boarding ramps, the ramps used to get men and material into the massive transport ships.
In this case it was the Type 2 mass troop transport vessel that was chosen to be the vessel to carry the men.

The Vrinngrenadiers looked upon them and marveled at its size and purpose. A massive 7 7-kilometer long, 2-kilometer wide and 4-kilometer tall transportation vessel designed to compliment 3 entire Corps alongside their associated hardware, equipment, food, water, and general supplies. Supplies have accounted for 1,500,000 men.
The type 2 mass transport vessel is the most common and widely available troop transport available to carry the forces of the Kovenant Empire to the next grand battle zone.

As the soldiers of the 87th made it towards the ramps, a soldier from a military police unit signaled them by whistle and used a microphone to guide them and he said "87th and 501st Vrinngrenadier Corps, please make your to boarding ramp B! Please do not stop so as to not cause a jam in traffic!"

Hearing this, the 87th Vrinngrenadiers made their way towards boarding ramp B, hoping to get aboard and not suffer any details... Fortunately for the 87th, none of the other units were ready to move out yet and they were hours away from being ready to move out, as such the 87th was able to march along without much incident, the roads were wide open for them this night.

One squad among them, walking alongside the main column at the soldiers on the farthest right side of the formation started to chat with each other as they marched however, and one of them, a Sargent in charge of his squad looked back at his troops and said
"Vrinngrenadiers, keep up the pace."

"Ja, we do our best... Sarge Conrad Wiking... " one of the women soldiers nonchalantly.

The Sargent gave a sigh, but at least they were falling orders... The sergeant's name was Conrad Wiking, son of Robert Wiking and currently latest generation of Wikings to serve the Kovenant Empire as a soldier... Though the Sargent felt that he wouldn't be the last Wiking to go to war.