I

...

(Late into the night on, after Caesarian and his men escaped.)

Caesarian and his men were able to flee, though most of their number had died fighting off the enemies as well as dying as they fled into the vast wilderness. Still, at least 50 of their number survived and they even had some heavy weapons left over. The electorate military issues Heavy energy cannons, rapid repeaters the machine guns to the electorate. As well as a very limited supply of rockets for anti-tank purposes and even a single Electorate mortar. But with no vehicles left and with so few of their men left after Morgadina and the recent assault upon the temple, it seems very probable that their war was over and that it only be a matter of time before they would get hunted down and killed off. No walkers were with them and they were exhausted.

As of right now, the men were cooking dinner, opting to cook their final cans of food and rations to Eat for Dinner.  The men were tired and their ammunition was low, they would have enough bolts to last them an hour of sustained combat, perhaps 2. 

One of the officers, a clone officer walked up to Caesarian and said to him in hushed tones
"Sir... May I?"

Caesarian was sitting down near one of the campfires that they had set up, making his food, and as soon as he heard one of his officers speak to him, he replied
"Yes, Sargent?"

"The men are still with you but I don't think we can fight anymore. Our food, water, and ammunition are at an all-time low and the men are putting around the idea of surrender." The Clone officer said.

Caesarian looked at him and there he replied
"We must not, not until we can warn the rest of the Electorate, you and I know the stakes... This... Empire, this Kovenant As they called it, is far more powerful than what we could ever imagine in our preconceived notions of war. They fought in a way that is foreign to the Android wave attacks and overwhelming numbers that we are used to, no. Unlike the Frontier Union, this Kovenant uses tactics and strategy... Employs the right weaponry... Has total control of the battlefield..."

As his food was being roasted, Caesarian stood up and said through his mask
"This Kovenant is far more dangerous... Actually... The most dangerous enemy we have ever faced. They have weapons, tactics, and technology that surpass our own 1000 fold. They have the technology and the military might, such that we have never seen before. It concerns me what could happen if they are to unleash it."

The clone Sargent replied 
"I understand where you are coming from sir, but we still need to look at the fact, that we have no way of getting out of this planet and no way to communicate, we have no way out!"

Caesarian replied
"It does not necessarily have to be that way, Sargent. I brought us here for a reason and that is to escape to Majjor Phillix... A few days ago as I was trying to communicate with the rest of the Electorate, I noticed that the nearest world, Majjor Phillix was sending me fake messages. The transmission is standard electorate military language but I noticed that there was a certain pattern to them... It's obvious that the Kovenant has attacked it and is masking the attack with fake transmissions."

Caesarian then looked upon the rest of the men and said
"We must warn the rest of the Electorate and going to Majjor Phillix is our best shot."

"Why there, sir?" Asked one Clone. 

Caesarian replied.
"If we can take a ship there, we may be to contact the Electorate through Morgaddina's powerful transmission arrays. We will have to coordinate with what's left of Morgaddina's ground forces to do it and disable the Kovenant's transmission blocking. But I believe it can be done."

The Clones looked at themselves and as they took off their helmets to begin eating dinner, they couldn't help but feel that maybe, just maybe they could somehow warn the rest of their brothers. With that single hope remaining, the Electorate soldiers all grabbed their weapons and raised them up, signaling their devotion to the cause.