II

(Bruno POV.)

Upon seeing Conrad fall to the ground, wounded, I immediately knelt and looked at the wound.
I yelled out
"Medic! I need a Sani over here!"
Bruno searched his pockets and was not happy when he realized he didn't have any Stimshots left with him. However he managed to find military issue painkillers, meant to ease the pain, so he took them out of his storage pockets and injected them into Conrad this eased the pain significantly, enough for Bruno to grab a stimshot from Dian who was fighting nearby and injecting him with him.
However much to his horror, the stimshot was not filled up. Instead, it only had less than a 3rd of its contents. This would be enough to stabilize the wound but not completely heal it.

Biting his lips, Bruno injected the stimshot into Conrad's body, which stabilized the wound but still left Conrad with a wound that made moving his arm extremely difficult and painful.

"Ah! Scheisse! I'm wounded, I've been shot in the arm." Conrad said. Sitting down behind some cover.

Conrad struggled to move a bit and resorted to carrying his Laser-Gewehr in one arm before saying.
"Bruno! Go with the plan!"

Bruno, knowing what he was to do then asked.
"What about you? A Medic is coming here to heal you up!"

Conrad replied.
"I can't fight with this wound, much less aim my weapon and lead my men! You'll have to take over command!"

The other Squad members heard this and as they kept firing, they now turned to Bruno for leadership.

Bruno replied.
"Yes sir!"

As second in command to Conrad, it was one of his responsibilities to take over command if the sergeant, Conrad in this case, was unable to lead.
And with Conrad taking a wound to the shoulder, it was Bruno's time to shine.

Patting Conrad on the shoulders, Bruno said to his fellows.
"Vrinngrenadiers! We follow the plan as discussed, Pearl, call Aiko's men, and tell her that we need her heavy weapons firing on the enemy. Squad, we split into teams just as planned!
Michael, Bernhard! Keep that MG firing! The rest of you with me!"

...

Bruno led the squad to a flanking position. Intending to enter via the side entrance to the warehouse.

Meanwhile, Sargent Aiko and her squad from the other warehouse were now laying down supporting fire from their positions. Keeping the Clones inside from effectively fighting back with concentrated fire from laser machine guns, as well as Apocalypse Chain gunfire.
Providing yet more firepower from which to cover their comrades.

Michael and Bernhard killed another 2 clones as they relentlessly kept firing.

"Haha! Hey Bernhard, remember those Archedians?"
Michael asked.

Bernhard, remembering that event from previous battles in the world of Skiross smiled and laughed.

Then the 2 friends simply smiled and laughed as they took out the drained battery, Bernhard placing a new one in its place and continued firing.

Looking to his left, Bernhard could see that Sargent Wittman and his squad were rushing forward. Using the cover to their advantage, they managed to rush up and take cover in Artillery craters and rubble.
Wittman's men threw grenades, some exploding inside the building after landing at the windows.

However, Wittman's attempt to advance was stalled as an Electorate MG suppressed him and his men.

But just as this moment seemed to stall the Kovenant troops, footsteps were heard, and Michael and Bernhard turned to see a fresh MG team rushing up.
But it was the weapon was an MG7. Death.