II.

(Installation 1-0. Imperial Navy Docking ports to the west of the base itself.)

Soldiers await the arrival of the enemy vessel. The soldiers of the 87th Vrinnsgrenadier Corp and those from the 11th Panzer Corp had been called in here to help secure the landing zone and to assist the Operators and Navy personnel within... After the High Command had been informed about the success of the operation, they immediately organized extensive security arrangements. The Imperial Navy carrier strike group in the system was put on immediate high alert and as the enemy vessel got within range of radar, they immediately went about escorting them to Morgaddina, furiously running sensor sweeps to detect any potential threats in the system.

Now however the vessel was within the orbit and was making its way towards one of the Corvette-sized Docking ports on the surface.
Where Volksgrenadiers and Panzer Grenadiers alongside a myriad of vehicles awaited them. Including the famous Panzerspahwagen. Supported by yet more famous Panzers.

Gravity Panzers, Wolf Panzers, Leopards. They were all here and ready.
They stood alongside the rear of the men ready for action.

The reason for such high amounts of security was so that in the event this so-called "Electorate" can somehow track the ship, they would have troops on the ground ready to oppose them. But it is also a contingency if the machines within are reactivated as unlikely as that may be.

Among the defenses set up were Composite bag emplacements. Essentially sandbags filled with type 22 Composite, the same thing used in Uniformed Body Armor, making it both highly resistant to laser bolts and energy-based weapons, but also extremely tough to Kinetic projectiles such as bullets.

These emplacements were then manned by squads of Vrinngrenadiers and Panzer Grenadiers, with each squad placing down their light machine guns as per orders. There wasn't anything too over the top, just the deployment of the light machine guns that were issued to the squads.

Among the squads was none other than the squad of Conrad Wiking.
He and his squad were not taking positions however, instead, they were to be assigned to meet the Operators as the ship landed and touched down.
Because of this, they were stationed at the bleeding edge of the rapidly built "defenses" and frankly it was merely a few Composite bag emplacements.

As Conrad and his squad waited, they could overhear the conversation between the incoming ship and ground forces via a nearby radio operator team stationed nearby.

One of the radio operators then used an advanced communication antenna to patch in and said
"Operators, this is the ground crew, we are waiting for you here as soon as you land."

"Copy. Please prepare a clean-up crew, there is a lot of intact enemy equipment here including weapons. Maybe get some hackers here as well to get into the computers." said one of the Operators.

"Acknowledged, we have a clean-up crew already on stand by." said the radio operator.

...

Conrad was sitting down near his light machine gunners; Bernhard and Michael. He could overhear a conversation those 2 had with some of the other soldiers. Fellow Vrinngrenadiers.

Bernhard said, in his very high-pitched voice.
"What do you mean I'm beautiful?"

Michael then looked at him and said
"Maybe they are complimenting you?"

One of the Vrinngrenadiers who was talking to them said
"Ja, what is a Beautiful and cute young girl like you doing in the military?"

It was then that Michael placed his hand on his head and said
"Oh... You feel for the trap... I'm sorry."