001 - manga

"May I drive you home?"

2nd person POV

2nd person POV

the vellichor smell of the book-filled cafe mixed with a subtle aroma of coffee as the soft unsteady-pitched sound caused by the pages filled your Sunday evening. this was what you always do in your free time.

dressed up completely different from your usual, wearing loosened up clothes, glasses and no make-up at all was something you would only do on nights in this very cafe. it was almost like your safe haven, somewhere you could be yourself.

no one ever knew your whereabouts after school and you made sure of it. you were the perfect a+ student, idolized by many girls and fawned over by a lot of boys. this was new to you as you were treated completely different from your middle school.

middle school was like hell to you, your self-esteem and self confidence were incredibly low as a lot of people took advantage of your quiet personality, making you their target for the inhumane acts they would want to try on.

but as high school started, you completely changed. from a quiet, unconfident outcast to an outgoing, popular girl admired by many, your life certainly did a three-sixty.

but are you happy?

certainly not. you hated the way you needed to change yourself for people to accept you. so you promised yourself that you would only show this side of you in school. it's not the best choice but it was the only way for you to survive high school.

you sat on the corner, specifically where your (f/m) manga was located, making sure to finish all eight volumes before the week ends as you were currently on the second one.

"third volume here i come!" you smiled as you closed the book with a little too much force, causing some of the other customers glares fixated on you. you murmured a 'sorry' as you looked away.

you slowly walked back to the particular shelf where the third volume of your favorite manga series is located, your eyes sparkled with a hint of excitement as you reach your hand towards the very object.