Can We?

Lillith

Fred walks into the room closing the door. We look at each other trying to read one another. The guy who I'm completely in love with just told me he loves me.

Does he? Is it another dare? Was what he said all true?

I look down realizing in his clothes?! My eyes advert back to him.

"Did you change me?!" I said as embarrassment and disgust fuils me. His eyes widen as a light pink fill his cheeks.

"W-what no. I had Ginny do it. I'm not a creep." he said quickly. I feel relief wash over me. I nod my head in response.

"Isn't there anything I can do to help you?" he said hesitantly making eye contact with me.

Is there really anything?

How is the person who caused the most damage in the situation supposed to fix it?

How do you believe them after they easily betrayed not only just you as a person but the friendship you had.

The bond and the trust. The person who you though would fix the cracks and kiss your scars.

Is also the same person who added yet another wound. Most likely to leave a scar that will forever be with me forever.

What did Metheo Riddle have to do with it. What did I do that made him want to see me like this. And what did he say or use against Fred to make him agree.

I shrug my shoulders unknowingly.

"I don't know if there really is anything." I look down at me feet ashamed.

Ashamed I let myself get this bad.

"There really isn't anything..?" he moved to get closer to me. I stepped back. He looked at me.

His eyes immediately sent me pain. The look I had never seen on Fred Weasley's face.

A look not explainable but yet so clear.

My eyes sting as my throat starts to close up. What if we never get out friendship back. Is this the end?

What would Molly and Arthur think? Will they still look at me as a daughter? Will Ginny and Ron still come to me for advice? Will Charlie and Bill never let me pet a dragon again?

What if Percy never plays wizards chest with me again. Will George not want a friendship with me?

Would Fred move on from me?

Suddenly there is a nock at the door bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Can we at least be friends again?" Fred ask almost pleading for an answer.

Maybe that would be for the best. Slow steps until our friendship is saved and we can forget about it all.

I nod my head before moving to open the door. I open it to see a distressed Lee.

"You okay?" I said pulling him in. He shakes his head no. He turns to go sit on my bed. He notices Fred standing there.

"I wish you and George weren't identical twins." he said letting our a deep sigh.

"What he do now?" Fred said as his eyes widen.

Lee broke down falling to the floor. I rush over to him pulling his back into my chest. Fred sits down next to us as he started to pat Lee's shoulder.

"Fred, did he mean it?" Lee said not even looking at Fred.

Fred didn't even have to ask what he meant. We all knew what Lee meant by saying that.

"No. He's been a mess since. He hates himself for it. He wouldn't sleep for awhile until he just started to drink his way." Fred said shaking his head.

Lee sat there taking shallow breaths trying to stop the tears. I sat there trying to comfort him.

Lee started to calm down. I brushed my hands over his cheeks.

"I uhm. I'm gonna go back to George I think.?" Lee said confusing himself with his words.

"think?" Fred's voice spoke as he scrunched his brows at the boy in my arms.

All of the sudden the door slams open startling me. I jump up thinking it was some random person.

It's George.

Oh.

"Lee, please let me just talk to you." I watched as a tear fell from George's eye rolling down his cheek.

Lee stood up along with Fred. Lee turned to George giving him a desperate look.

The look of grief and wanting to move on. But can't, scared to harm something already so delicate.

Scared of who might say the next hurtful thing. Worried of the consequences that can come from forgiveness.

Or the happiness and joy that could come from it.

I'd never seen that kind of look on somone else. It is much more painful than the expression.

Lee doesn't say anything. Except he slowly walks twords George. Once he was close enough he wrapped his arms around him.

George didn't waste a second and hugged him back.

It's sweet. To see such a damaged love story start the healing process. Isn't it?

I turn to Fred who's already got his eyes glued on me. Can we really heal from this? Is it possible?

With Lee and George it was being scared of the public eye. Scared of what people would think and say of you.

A miss use of words.

A lie of one word.

Not the thousands that I had heard and listened to for so long.