Part 4: The Deal

THE NEXT MORNING

Bucky's POV:

I knew that I should have gotten up a while ago but after being away from the comfort of Y/N and this tower I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. I dove deeper into the pillows knowing that I wouldn't be able to stay here for much longer. Not when I could start to smell Y/N cooking breakfast and the fragrance wafting down the hallway.

I threw the covers off my body and stood up trying to steady my body after all the pain that was shooting through my shoulder from the mission. Walking out into the kitchen I did not expect that my phone that I left on the counter last night would start to ring so quickly. I moved faster to answer the call before Y/N would on instinct.

YN's POV:

All I heard behind me besides the annoying vibration of Bucky's phone that had just started was a small "Shit!"

"Hey Tony," I turned my head quickly, not expecting to see Bucky already standing behind me this early. I had hoped he would have slept in after how long the mission was. Oh crap did he say Tony.

I couldn't hear the conversation through Bucky's crappy old flip phone but I could hear a very angry, yelling voice screaming through the other end.

"Yeah I know...."

I tried to stifle a small laugh that would threaten to give our whole situation away but I couldn't help myself, the screaming was just so in character for Tony.

"It...uh....it was an emer...gency"

I rolled my eyes catching Bucky's when I did. That man be one of the most attractive people on this Earth, an incredible fighter and the kindest person but God he sucks at lying.

I could see Bucky visibly shaking his head wanting to end this conversation as quickly as he could.

"I...I promise yeah...Next time I won't leave without telling you first."

Even when I thought maybe that would conclude the conversation Tony jumped in again with a more aggressive tone. I could physically see Bucky getting more and more over this conversation. His head rolling back and his body starting to move side to side in an attempt to make sure he didn't start yelling insults back to Tony.

"I KNOW!. Tony I get it. The mission was all okay. It's fine now."

I watched Bucky's eyes go wide for a split second. My brain running a million miles a minute trying to understand what could have just been asked.

"Oh uh...the emergency....it was um a call from my...uh therapist....yup...yeah...I'll see you guys soon."

Bucky quickly hung up the phone, placing it back on the edge of the kitchen counter.

I had already moved to sit at the kitchen bar stools to eat my breakfast. Bucky's was all set up for the seat next to mine.

"Someones in trouble." I taunted Bucky knowing that Tony was absolutely going to continue to rip into him when they got back to the compound.

"No it's fine!"

"Oh really? So Tony believed that the reason you abandoned a mission was because your therapist called you? You SERGEANT JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES left a mission without telling a superior because you got a call from a THERAPIST?"

I watched Bucky running his hand through his soft morning bed hair. The small drop in the smile on his face was enough to know I was completely right. No way would Tony believe that.

"....Maybe"

"You know it would be easier if we just told them" I smirked knowing that Bucky never gives into my constant asking.

I watched as a smirk grew on his face. Oh no. He walked over to my bar stool and bent over so his face was closer to mine before he spoke.

"Okay I'll make you a deal. We can tell everyone..."

I couldn't help the small yay that crept out of my throat. I was too excited. This was the first time he even considered telling people about our relationship

"BUT!"

"Awwww....come on. Why does there always have to be a but?"

"You have to tell your brother first." Bucky had a wicked smile on his face knowing that would be the one obstacle.

"I'm not doing that! I need witnesses! I need weapons and armour! He might actually kill me!"

Bucky looked up at me with his beautiful eyes with a pleading look filling them.

"Come on! You tell your brother and then we can tell everyone else. No more secrets. No more hiding. Just you and me."

I put my finger up trying to tell him no but his stupid cute face makes it so difficult everytime. I looked down, getting more anxious than before.

"I don't know...what if he gets mad at me? Like actually angry." Before I could finish my sentence I started walking away. My anxiety took over my body, needing to put distance between myself and the situation.

Bucky followed wrapping his strong arm around my shoulder when I stopped near the hallway. His face leaned closer to mine before he spoke next.

"Just one conversation"

He placed a quick kiss against my lips.

"Then we can go public."

He gave me another kiss.

"And then I can kiss you whenever and wherever you want."

I watched a smirk crawl onto his face again when his eyebrows raised a bit. "I can even do that thing you like."

I could almost feel the wink coming without him even trying to add one. I knew I was going to cave. Not only did I want to be open about our relationship but he was always too adorable to say no too. He might have put up some walls when everyone else was around, but with me he was always the biggest teddy bear. He almost seemed to match the stories Steve used to tell me about them growing up.

"Fine, I'll tell him. BUT! I'm holding you to those promises." I answered finally, watching the grin spread on his face.

I don't know whether that smile was because we would get to tell everyone about our relationship or if it was because he got out of telling my brother himself.

Bucky quickly walked off shouting that he was going to go and have a shower then come and eat some breakfast. "YOU'RE THE BEST" He added shouting as he walked back to I'm assuming his own room this time.

I looked down at the floor with a smile knowing that he just got exactly what he wanted and I wasn't even mad about it.

I couldn't help the small mutter that escaped when I thought about what this would mean next.

"Yup he's definitely going to kill me. My brother is going to murder me."

.

.

.

.

OH THIS IS GOING TO GET VERY INTERESTING....

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS PART

XX COURTNEY