𝖳𝗐𝗈

"Ka'Jai

"Ka'Jai. . ." His name caught in my throat as I dealt with the shock of seeing him in our living room. I still had my gun up and made sure Sani was behind me.

I just wondered how he found me, especially after two years.

"Put the gun down, Kure." He told me while standing up, shoving Manny to the side.

"Girl you know these niggas?!" Sani asked.

"No. I knew him." I replied and you could see the wheels spinning in her head.

"Hol on, I just know y'all not gettin his blood on our white Persian rug! This shit was expensive!"

"She is not lying," I agree when I realize where they had him. "And why y'all did Manny like that!?" I frowned at his beaten and bruised face. It was clear he was previously unconscious by the way he was blinking and looking around.

"You must be fuckin him since you so concerned." He told me while picking him up.

"Or maybe he's good business Draco, but you seem to already know that." I replied refusing to say his name once again and scolding the way I let the shock get to me.

"Put the damn gun down." He held his to Manny's head, a finger on the trigger. I thought about everything Manny had done for Sani and I and looked at her.

"It's two against five and I don't have a gun on me. Just keep it close." Sani whispered to me and I nodded slowly dropping it and Draco took his barrel off of Manny's temple.

"Can we have a civilized conversation now? A nigga is hungry." One of his friends spoke up.

"Shut up, but yea," Draco sat back down prompting Sani and I to sit down as well.

"I'm sorry KJ," Manny coughed out confirming my suspicions about how he found me to begin with.

"It's okay, this business gets tricky to begin with. Why are you here?" I looked back at Draco.

"Why am I here? Oh maybe cause news spreads in this world. I run a tight business my damn self and to find out hits already being done before I had sent it out, is not good for business because someone knows and someone is gettin paid. Come to find out it's you. . .I'm impressed to say the least." He chuckled bitterly while clenching his jaw.

"When it looks like I can't control one aspect of my business, people lose faith all around and I'm losing money. Ion appreciate that."

"And that has nothing to do with us. We get all of our hits through the pool and we're just that damn good that when more than one person wants another dead we just go for the highest bidder and Manny makes sure to legitimize all of it."

"But it does, Manny went MIA. Ain't that right buddy? When all that he does for you? He's suppose to be doing for my gang."

"Now I don't mind you killin them niggas, takes shit off our hands, but when too many people get involved it gets too tricky to find out whose boss."