Dylan Kingwell~ Singing in the Shower

I got this idea from a story I read called Singing In The Shower, at least I think that's what it's called, so please go read that story it's really good.
____________________________________

I got back from my cheer practice and hopped into the shower.

I did my usual, and played music while singing along.

I'm 17 and have just recently started college, and I am on the Varsity Cheer team. It took a lot to get here, but luckily, I'm a flyer and a main tumbler and jumper, so I'm doing a lot this season.

Anyway, I was listening to Ghost by Justin Bieber, and I started singing along.

"I want you to know that if I can't get close to you
I'll settle for the ghost of you
I miss you more than life-"

Then I heard someone else start singing. It was a boy, and he's my neighbor. I don't know who he is because I've never met my neighbors before, but he had a good voice.

"And if you can't be next to me
Your memory is ecstasy
I miss you more than life
I miss you more than life"

I laughed to myself.

"You listen to Justin Bieber?!" I shouted over to him.

"No, but my sister does! Do you?!" He shouted back.
"Only a couple of his songs, I'm not a fan of him but I like his music!"

"I still think that's liking him!" He shouted at me.

I laughed, "no it's not!" I heard him laugh at me too.

"Who else do you listen to?!" He asked me.

"I don't know, a lot of people, really! My favorites are probably Taylor Swift or Ellie Goulding though! What about you?!" I replied.

"My playlist is kinda all over the place!"

I laughed a little.

We talked for almost 20 minutes when we both had to get out so we weren't wasting water.

*two weeks later*

The mystery boy and I talked everyday. We still didn't know who each other was, but we planned on meeting soon. I just kinda hoped I knew it was today.

I was wearing a crop top with ripped dad jeans and I was practicing my cheer routine when I heard a knock on the door.

I went over and opened it and saw a boy around my age. He had brown hair, green eyes and a nervous look planted on his face.

"Hey." He said nervously.
"Um hi. Do I know you?" I asked.
"Uh, kinda. I'm your neighbor."

Then it clicked.

"Oh. Hi." I said and smiled a bit.
"Uhh come in. Sorry for the mats and stuff lying around I was just doing cheer stuff."
"It's no problem, my apartments a disaster. You're on the cheer team?"
"Yeah, actually."
"That's cool. I'm on the football team."
"Wow, really?"
"Yeah. We've probably met before but we just didn't know it."
"You know what, you're right."

I chuckled a bit. He did also.

"Can I get you anything? Are you hungry?"
"No, no that's ok, I just ate."
"Ok."

We sat there in silence for a few seconds.

"Yeah, this is kinda awkward." He blurred out.
I laughed, " you're not wrong."
"Well, let's start off with, what's your name?"
"Y/n y/l/n, what's yours?"
"Dylan, Dylan Kingwell."
"Oh, yeah I know you. Running back."
"Yeah." He said and chucked.

We talked for a few hours until he had to get going to football practice. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek goodbye, and if I told you I didn't blush, I'd be lying.

I think I kinda like him...