Evan Gallico~ I cant let you go

Evan and I had been friends since 8th grade when I moved to his neighborhood.

We would talk all the time, and 4 years later, I finally realized that I had a crush on him.

It turns out he liked me too, and now we've been dating for over two years. We are now 19.

While playing football, Evan slipped and fell on his arm, which he hurt really badly. We went to the hospital with him and they said that he had a type of cancer.

I was devastated. They said that he may not live.

"But wait, he can't die. I need him, he can't die."
I pleaded. There must be something they can do.

"Hey, baby, look at me." I did as he said.

"You'll be fine without me. If I do die I don't want you to be super upset about it. There's nothing worth being upset about."

"But there is! I can't lose you, I love you too much. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I teared up.

It was true. I loved him way too much to just let him go. He was my life, he was my world. He helped me when my sister died when she was two because of a car accident. I couldn't lose him too.

He cupped my cheeks with his hands and wiped the tears that started falling from my eyes.

He planted a soft and sweet kiss on my lips.

He whispered, "I'm sorry, y/n."
"Why are you sorry?"
"It's my fault."
"It's not your fault. You can't control what happens, Evan."
"I wish I could. I want to live with you for the rest of my life, I want to have kids with you. And the puppy you always dreamed of having."

I smiled a bit.

"Me too."

Then the doctor came in.

"He might be able to live." He explained that there might be a chance that what Evan has isn't cancer.

He has to give Evan a shot to run a test and see if it was cancer or not.

He left Evan and I alone for a bit longer so he could go run the test.

"I really hope it isn't cancer." I said, laying my head on Evan's shoulder.

He ran his fingers through my hair. "Me too, princess."

We sat there for a few minutes, just talking with each other. We talked about our memories with each other and what we wanted to do in the future.

"How many kids do you want?"
"Two, both girls."
"They'll look like you, I know they will."

I giggled at his comment.

Then the doctor walked back in.

"It's cancer." He said. My heart dropped.

I wasn't upset with the doctor for saying it that bluntly because I knew he was autistic. I could tell.

I looked at Evan and he looked upset. The doctor gave us a minute.

Evan grabbed my hands and lightly kissed them.

"I know you're upset, Evan. And I'm really sorry."
"I'm not upset that I have cancer, y/n. I'm upset that you're not going to get the future you wanted."
"Baby. All I've ever wanted was to be with you. I don't care about my future right now, all I care about is making the most of my time with you."

He smiled. I smiled back and kissed his lips.

Later that day we were told Evan only had 5 or 6 more months to live. I brought him home and we spent almost every day together after that.

It's now 7 months later and I'm on my way to his funeral. I was wearing a black dress that Evan wanted me to wear for his funeral.

He told me everything he wanted me to do in the future. He wanted me to move on, he wanted me to live the life I've always dreamt of.

Part of it was possible because of him. I recently found out I was pregnant with his baby. I'm only a couple months in, and Evan was still alive when I found out.

I told him and he was so happy. I don't know how I'm going to raise the baby on my own, but I'll figure it out.

Once I got to the funeral home, I stepped out of the car and made my way inside. His family was there and I talked to them for a while.

That night was really rough for me.

All I know is that Evan is still here with me, he's watching me, and he loves me as much as I still love him, and nothing will change that.