Evan Gallico~ Forever and Always

I was in my house alone today. My parents were on a last minute get away to Mexico so they just left me home on my own.

I'm seventeen, so yeah I'm fine being home alone, but it's kinda lonely by myself.

There's nothing to do, no one to talk to.

I mean I guess I get to sleep in longer, eat whatever I want so that's a plus.

While I was in my room playing on my phone I heard my doorbell ring.

I walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey..."

It was my ex. Evan.

We broke up a few months ago because we were both so busy with college applications and we got into so many fights we just thought it would be better to have a break away from each other, which resulted in a break up.

Why he is here, I don't know.

"Uh. Hey?"
"C-can I come in?"
"Yeah, I guess."

I opened the door so he could step in.

"Your parent aren't home?"
"No, they're in Mexico. So what's up? Is something wrong?" I asked.

He sighed and looked down at his hands before grabbing mine and sitting me down on the couch.

He held my hands in his before he dropped a bomb I'd never though I'd hear him say.

"I have cancer..."
"W-what?" I asked him.
"The doctor said I might only have a few months left. I-I wanted to come over and say I still love you. I always did. I just thought you deserved so much better. I mean, we got into so many fights, a-and I was so busy I never paid attention to you, never gave you the attention you craved and needed. And I'm so sorry."

I looked at him in the eyes, his starting to fill up with tears.

I let a tear slip from my eye and I quickly wiped it with my hoodie sleeve.

"Evan... I love you too. But I'm so sorry... this is horrible..."
"If you don't want to get back with me so you don't have to lose me I get it... but if you want to, I do too. I want to go on a date with you, I want to do everything with you."
"I want to Evan. I really do." I smiled at him.

He cupped my face with his hands and gently pressed his lips against mine.

"Will you go with me tomorrow to see if I'll be okay?"
"Of course I will. I'll be with you every step of the way, I promise."

And so I did. We went to his doctors appointment together where they said his cancer may not actually be cancer.

We were told not to get our hopes up, but I couldn't help but cross my fingers for the one little chance he might have to live a full life. A life with me.

The doctor came back in with a smile.

"It is cancer, but lucky you, we caught it early so it's very much cure-able."

We both let out sighs and I gave Evan a hug.

The doctor gave us dates of when Evan would have to start treatment and we went back to my house together.

He wrapped me in a hug again and kissed my forehead. My arms were around his neck and his were around my waist.

"I love you so much.."
"I love you too, Evan."
"Thank you for going with me."
"Of course. Now we get to be together. Forever."
"And always."