r e a l l i f e

chloe surprised tom with a visit on her days off

chloe surprised tom with a visit on her days off. something was off with chloe. he could tell. 

she was beginning to be uncomfortable in the 'role' she had placed herself in. 

"tom i think we need a break." was all she said before he began to become emotional. 

chloe sat there unmoved by what she had said.

"no! we just got back together, this is not fair. chloe come on." he said fighting back. 

"tom i need some time to think about some things." she fought back. 

" i have been thinking about this for some time." she added.

"did you meet someone? are you cheating? is that why you dyed your hair without telling me?" he questioned. 

she looked deep into his brown eyes, those beautiful eyes that made her fall in love with him on day one.

"tom.." she paused before finally saying the right words.

" i do not want to harm you." she began.

"the time away from one another has given me a chance to really think about our relationship and our future," she said. 

"you don't want to get married? have a life with me?" he said as his heart broke. 

"i cant in good conscience keep going on like this and living a lie. and of course i want to get married but just not with you," she exclaimed. 

"chloe, we are not breaking up." he exclaimed standing up. 

" tom, that's not fair. besides, you can't love me when i don't love you. its already hard enough to tell you that i don't love you. do not make it harder." she fought back. tom paused and closed his eyes allowing a few tears to fall out. 

"you're still not telling me why you're breaking up with me. we can work through whatever," he said turning towards her.

"to answer your question, i did..i did meet somebody-" she began. 

" i met a girl." she smiled wiping her tears. tom felt shocked and confused. 

"i met a girl  and at least want to  give myself the opportunity to explore who i am." she said. 

"you're-?" chloe cut him off.

"gay. yes i am. i am gay and I'm in love with a girl." 

OKAY, I am not trying to label her as gay or bisexual, she does have a girlfriend and am trying to respectfully intertwine what is happening now. it won't be brooklyn but a faceclaim.