Chapter Twenty Nine- Exposed

She lingered on the ground before pulling the shirt from the window to find it rip completely in half. Breaking it free from the window, she took both pieces and covered herself the best as possible before quickly moving herself toward the car with her two bags. Throwing them into the car, she whistled loudly and waited for him to leave the house. As she sat in the car, she looked through the seats, under them, and even in the glove compartment in hopes of finding something to better cover herself only to find a large folded paper map instead.

        He sat in the car beside her a few moments later and moved down the map.

        "Going somewhere?" He asked as he giggled.

        "I am just admiring the shape of this state...it's the smallest of them all you know..."

        "I do..." He said with a smile, before placing the key in the ignition.

        "What did you two talk about?"

        "You."

        She froze. "ME?"

        "Yep. I explained how I was a professor at the college and you saved me one day by helping me around town...he stated crude comments that I nicely asked him to stop then we began talking about cars."

        "Wow...but won't he notice you can drive away without a flat tire?"

        "Eh...I don't mind much..." He said without a glance to her.

        She moved the map down, he then looked to her then quickly on the road. "Now I got the map..." He said with a giggle.

        "It got caught. Your shirts are giant!" She said as she threw it at him.

        "Well now you have your clothes..." He paused. "Can I ask something?"

        She nodded.

        "Since you have your clothes, why didn't you just put something else on?"

        "The zipper jammed." She said recalling the incident.

        "Ah, I see...sorry. Well now you have your stuff. Did you get it all?"

        She nodded again.

        "Good. Now I can take you home-to your home-I mean to the pool house." He said with a forced grin.