Chapter Fifty Eight- A Past Revealed

"I can't live without you." Errik said as he held Scarlett in his embrace as morning light broke through the windows. "I love you."

"I love you." She said as she leaned in for a kiss before her phone began buzzing relentlessly.

"I don't blame someone for wanting you, but I just got you to myself." He said letting out a groan as he removed himself from the blankets. Shameless before her, he was stark nude and she giggled in his superhero stance with fists at his hips and a lifted chin. "I will save you citizen." He said with a chuckle before pulling her toward the bathroom. With her phone still in her hand, she found it was Julian.

She rolled her eyes until a specific message came up. She froze with fear.

"I cannot live knowing you will never be mine. You will never have to deal with me again. If I am causing a problem I apologize. It is only because I wanted you. But I see that he deserves you...goodbye Scarlett. I love you."

She gasped as she hurried and put clothes and and told him of the message.

"Dammit."

"What?"

"I thought he was okay..."

"What do you mean?"

"He had a history of attempts when he was in college after this one girl broke his heart. He tried cutting his wrists and then overdosing. Never enough for a fatal effect obviously."

"Why didn't anybody tell me?"

"He begged me not to. And I thought that you made him better. You showed him he could be with someone..."

"And you didn't think you stealing me would change that?"

He stood with a frown. "I didn't steal you..."

"I didn't mean-"

"Put your clothes on. I'll drive you to him."

After such a blissful night, her stomach filled with guilt for the way she was about Julian. He still had a control over her, she had yet to understand. She was about to find out exactly why.