Chapter Thirty Four

Walking out of the school, she found Errik waiting by his car. Greeting her with a smile, he took her bookbag and led her from the building. She avoided eye contact with him as she saw Julian leaning against the doors . He gave her a smirk before walking off in a strange strut. Almost as if he won somehow.

        "Everything alright?"

        "Yeah, just want to get out of here..."

        "Scar, what is it? Are you hurt?"

        "No. Just wishing I was somewhere else..."

        "Do you want to go out to dinner? I have no classes today, something happened at the university so I am all yours for the next three days if not more."

        Somehow that made her feel safe. Even though the events of the previous night were not discussed yet, the words he did speak made her at ease. She let out a deep breath as she realized this.

        "Sure."

        "Where's the best place in town?"

        "Holmes. It's just past the university. Most college students go there, but high schoolers work there. I used to."

        "Really?" He said surprised as he drove off the lot and toward the establishment. She nodded in response.

        "Yep, about a year before my brother...after that I mainly stayed in my room and listened to emo." She said laughing.

        "Ah...So you like that kind of music?"

        "I take it you don't?"

        "No no no, I do. Just prefer more country..."

        "Oh..."

        "What?"

        "I prefer something with a beat..." She said teasing his tastes.

        "Agree to disagree?" He said not wanting to start a fight.

        "Fine." She said rolling her eyes.