Six

A/N: Look at our gorgeous Kamberly! And yes, I made this using Canva. Canva is a fantastic platform, and it's where I make some of the vision boards you see for outfits, and I use them on every single cover I use for all my Wattpad books. Including this one :) 

Kamberly: 

"Thank you so much for your time, Your Highness." The photographer said and I smiled. 

"Thank you for giving me the chance. I love your magazines." 

She smiled. "Maybe one day, I'll be writing a front news article on you and your king consort." 

I smiled at her and as Mom approached me, I waved a hand at the dress I wore. 

"I know you hate dark blue, but look at it!" 

She gave me a sympathetic smile. "It does look beautiful... on you." 

I scoffed. "Mom, you're beautiful. No one can deny that." 

She smiled gratefully, but then as we left the room she frowned. "How's Eadlyn?" 

I sighed. "Well... her parents come back tomorrow but she's not doing well. She feels the pressure from hre parents and the country that her match was useless, and now she's scared that she might not be able to be their queen because she doesn't have a husband by her side." 

Mom sighed. "It's the hardest job to be a Queen... especially a single Queen, just like Iris. I think it would help if Eadlyn went to go and talk to her. Iris knows what it's like."

I smiled at her. 

"Thank you." 

Eadlyn: 

 Me and Caleb were sitting in a grove, the day of Kingstrial. 

It was the first time we had really been alone since I had arrived in Norta, and I had been looking forward to seeing him. 

"So.... you're engaged!" Caleb says, smiling at me and finally talking first. 

I laughed. "I am." 

He examined the ring and nodded. "Is he a good person?" 

I smiled. "Caleb, you don't need to worry about that. Eikko is a good person, yes. He makes me happy." 

He smiles. "So when's your wedding? Am I invited?" 

I laughed. "Way to make it about you, Cal. Yes. Of course you're invited. But it should be within the next few months." 

He shouted in surprise and hugged me. "Congratulations!" 

I hugged him back. 

Then I heard dirt scuffling and then heard. "Eadlyn, what the hell are you doing?!" 

I whirled to see Eikko standing there, furious, exasperated. 

"Eikko! You're here!" I exclaimed, and he held out a hand as I stood. 

"Eadlyn Schreave, what are you doing?" He asked, his voice dangerous. 

 I looked at Caleb confused, who stood cautiously. 

"You must be Eikko." Caleb said and Eikko snarled. 

"Get away from her!" 

He pushed Caleb and I yelled. "Eikko stop!" 

Was his head of dense rock?! He just pushed a royal! 

Caleb looked unbothered but when Eikko swung at Caleb I grabbed his arm.