Seventeen

A/N: Hello everyone! If you skipped the last chapter, that is absolutely fine I understand completely that the topic I chose to incorporate is disgusting and terrible. Here's a recap: Alexander finds out she's been missing for hours, and many people begin to wonder where the Crown Princess went. Mare goes to check on her and was gone for ten minutes, right as Ben is about to blow out his candles, a guard bursts in and Maven furiously demands the palace is to be locked down, and that's when they find out that Kamberly has been taken hostage and all chaos ensues. Generals, SEALs, and lieutenants are already working, and Skaran and Alexander try to help Ben, who's crying. Alex, his brother asks if he's going to blow them out and Ben wishes for his sister to come back as his birthday wish. Caleb is furious, in a corner yelling at his own generals and Ben asks if Alexander is in love with Kamberly. He says yes, he is, and Alex and Ben scream and wail as Caleb carry them to their bedrooms. Skaran and Alexander also go to rest, knowing they'll be more helpful to Kamberly if their minds are sharper. Kamberly awakes and the kidnappers are awaiting his instructions, and she is drugged again. Alexander and Skaran burst into a meeting room, Benjamin and Alex are on a plane to Illéa, where they'll be safe. They find out that the kidnappers want Maven to betray the alliances and see who's left standing in a war. Maven breaks down and tells them that Kamberly was ap3d. Alexander is angry, and as he freaks out, Skaran brings him into an empty room to get his anger out. Skaran asks why he's freaking out, and Alexander explodes that he loves her, and that if she died, he would too. Skaran asks if she's in love with him, and they realize that they're actually competition and that it's none of their business. A guard enters, telling them that they found the hideout and they say that they're going. Kamberly escapes her bonds, and she learns that her dad, and SEALs are surrounding the property, she burns people to char as she passes, running for her life. She bursts through a truck platform, and then she's running towards the army and her dad. Alexander outruns him, and he clutches Kamberly as she cries. She flinches away from an approaching soldier, and then Mare arrives, when gunfire sounds and Kamberly ducks as the gunfire pings against the transports, and she sobs. Alexander is the only one she can turn to, and Kamberly requests a press conference as soon as they get to Whitefire. Kamberly leanrs she was missing for an entire week, and her maid was killed. She recieves a new maid, Natalie, and Kamberly persuades Mare that she needs Alexander with her right now, and as the maid takes off her clothes to clean the bruises and cuts, Alexander is furious at what they did. Natalie puts on salve to help the bruises, and she is dressed in a high neck, long sleeved gown to hide all the bruises. She requests that she has a few minutes with Alexander alone, and he tells her he's not going to ask if she's okay, or how she's feeling, but asks what he needs from everyone. Kamberly admits she needs him, and kisses him. Alexander remarks she's strong, and that she's going to be okay. That the people who kidnapped her were Carter's assassins. He also says that she shouldn't do this alone, and that anything they can do to help they should. Caleb, Alex, and Ben hug her and as she gives a press conference, she says that the assassins achieved nothing, and that she was going to be the Queen Norta needed. Phew! Remember this symbol? (⚠️) Well its back... but for our darling Kamberly. So you know what that means 😏. It'll be at the top of the next chapter so I'm just UGGHHH FINAALLLY OUR GIRL IS GROWING UP! It's just funny seeing Mare and Maven doing the deed at Chapter Ten in Rise- Silver as the Moon and Kamberly needed Eighteen to even think about it. Anyways, welcome back to the story and let's get startedddddddd. 

Kamberly

One month later... 

"Merry Christmas, my darlings." Mom said as she handed me and Caleb each a present. 

Dad handed Alex and Ben their own and they watched as I carefully took off the crafted paper box. Inside was a black felt box that was larger than what jewelery would have been. It was as long as it was tall, and when I opened the lid I gasped. "Really? Did you- Are you sure?"