Twelve

Kamberly 

King Artan Kallias is arriving today in Norta, Archeon is bedecked in flags of Norta and the golden banner of Durj Khafja with their red and black sun streaks. 

The palace has been preparing rooms like I've never seen in my entire life, and America is giving a lesson on diplomatic visits to the younger children; Osten, Kaden, Alexander and Ben. 

Maxon and Dad talked to me, Circlette, Caleb, and Eadlyn on how to be diplomatic and charming in a political vvision, unlike what the children were learning. 

Gowns had been stitched furiously in the Khafjan style and the sun was setting. 

I was getting ready in a dark gray, dark red and gold Khafjan gown, my hair pulled back in a braided bun. 

The dresses were all individually beautiful, not one looked the same. 

But they all had the same image in mind. 

They were normally a strapless column dress or a dress with spaghetti straps that led down to your feet and then covered your pointed-toe heels or flats. 

The dress would normally be a bland color but lead into something beautiful. 

My dress had a cape-like coat that draped over my right arm in a wave of dark red silk. 

The cape had a large sleeve where I would have mobility in my arm, and clasped at my left hip with a sash and a golden pin of my own design. 

Chains of gold and red rubies dangled off the sleeve artfully and made a small tinkling sound when they beat together.

I wore one slate-glay glove on my left hand that dipped right before my elbow, a band of the dark red cape like an elastic on my right bicep where the cape had come around. 

The bracelet was also red but led into the cape paired with a chain of gold. 

I wore a choker of (what else) dark red satin and a golden pendant underneath the satin. 

I looked regal, and I loved how the fabric felt under my hands. 

It felt breezy, cool, and light. 

Eadlyn entered in a dark gray/purple version, one she had made herself in a week, and her mouth fell open. 

"Kamberly.." She murmured and I smiled at her. 

"Dear gods." Circlette said as she entered in a dark blue gown with sleeves that started at her elbows and became wispy tulle sleeves that fell into curtain-like waves of tulle at her feet. 

I smiled at them. "We look amazing." 

Eadlyn shook her head in shock. "Kamberly, you look so... I... okay, I  really hope that Alexander makes a move today because if he doesn't, he's not worth it." 

I laughed. "What does that have to do with my dress?" 

She smiled serenely. "It has to do with the fact that you look so stunning that I wouldn't be surprised if he fell over his own feet." 

Circlette re-did my pin and then smiled. "I'm pretty sure all the men at this gala tonight are going to be gaping. Kamberly, you look like a persian queen." 

I laughed. "Thank you. But I'm just trying to be mindful of their culture and how you dress." 

Mom enters in a black and red gown and stops in the doorway, her eyes wide. 

I smile at her. "Well?" 

She doesn't say anything just shakes her head. 

Circlette laughs. "Your mom is breathless. See? Imagine what will happen when the men see you?"