Chapter 15

Beth's P.O.V

Knock, knock. "Carl? You in here?" I asked walking into room 23. I slowly edged the door open and popped my head around it when it was open far enough. A tall man, with blond hair and green eyes, looked at me and smiled. He nodded and motioned for me to walk in.

I slowly made my way into the room, Niall and my dad following slowly behind. "It's really good to finally meet you Beth." He said as he embraced me in a hug. I just stood awkwardly for a second, then hugged back, tightly. He pulled away from the hug and walked over to my dad. "Hello Mr.James. My name is Carl and I will be doing a check up on you today to see if you are eligible for a liver transplant." Dad just nodded and walked to the bed.

"And who are you?" He asked Niall. I took it upon myself to introduce him.

"Carl, this is my boyfriend Niall Horan." I stated proudly, hooking my arm through Nialls.

"Niall Horan? From One Direction?" He asked. Both Niall and I nodded. "Well, it's an honour to have you hear Mr.Horan." He said.

"Please. Just Niall." He said smiling. I smiled back at how he is still so down to earth and nice, even though he is a celebrity.

"Okay then." He said. He pulled Niall to the side. "She is a really special kid. One in a billion people are like her. So sweet, and so natural. She sees anything and everything in anything. Whether a plant, animal or a human, she can see feeling and what not. Don't let her go Niall, and don't hurt her." He warned him. Niall just nodded.

"Okay. I know you want to stay with your dad." Carl said looking at me. "But you have to go wait in the hall while I do the check ups. This will take about an hour." He said at us both. We nodded and walked out. On the way out I head Carl ask dad, "Has Beth explained to you how she got this opportunity for a free liver transplant for you?" And I couldn't help smiling.

Niall and I were stood quiet in the hall for 5 minutes, then he said, "You promsied a McMuffin. Can we go while your dad is in there?" He asked pointing to the door. I thought about it for a while then nodded my head. Carl had said he would be about an hour, what were we going to do for an hour? Nothing!

...........................................................

We pulled up and went into McDonalds about 7am. We sat down with our McMuffins in a corner. "This is way to early for me." I say as I take a bite of my food. Niall mimics my actions.

"Yeah. I like to sleep in. I hate getting up early." He says with a mouth full of food.

I just laugh and reply with, "Respect." And we both fall into a fit of laughter.

After we finish laughing and finish our breakfast Niall just sits there and stares at me. I do exactly the same, wondering what he is staring at. He then says, "Why is the necklace so important?" I look at him and touch my chain. I smile sadly. "What was your dream about?" He adds.

"Well, I had 2 parts to the dream. First part was when John and I went to town for our 11 year friend-aversary. He gave me this necklace." I said taking it off. It was a little round locket with a series of complicated swirls that would be very difficult to replicate.

He opened the locket to reveal a picture of 3 year old John and I in the park hugging in front of the swing set. "Turn it over." I said as he closed it. The words 'together forever' were engraved in the back along with the initial 'B.J & J.J'.

"This is beautiful." He said passing it back. I smiled sadly and placed it back around my neck.

"It's just, I never go anywhere without it. I don't care if we talk or not, it's never coming off." I explained. He nodded knowing and understanding what I was saying.