Chapter 22

Zayn's P.O.V

"What do you mean, Beth's gone missing?" I ask, hoping my ears were playing tricks on me. I didn't want to believe what I had just heard.

"She's not in her room. We don't know when she left, or where she has gone." Daf said, speaking lightly, unable to control his voice.

"We've tried calling her mobile, but she's in an area with no signal." Rob said. I looked him over a little better now. His hair was messed up, his eyes were red, and he was very tense.

"Has this happened before? Not the running away, but the loss of signal?" I asked, remembering everything Liam has taught me when I'm in a bad situation. He said I must stay calm, evaluate the evidence or facts, and work together to get things done.

"Yeah. Whenever it happened, it was always when she was with John." Rob said, and Daf agreed. I thought over it a while, and decided I would call Niall, see if he had any intel.

I got my phone out, and dialed his number. "Zayn!" Four voices chimed. I smiled slightly, then frowned again, remembering why I called.

"Am I on speaker?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Take me off, please." I demanded lightly. Niall did as he was told.

"What's wrong, Zayn?" He asked, with a lot more concern in his voice.

"Can you think of anywhere Beth could be?" I asked, hopeful he wouldn't want to know why.

"Like?"

"Like somewhere she would want to be alone, favorite place maybe?"

"I think there is one place." He said, and my hopes were raised. "It's somewhere in the woods." CRASH! There went all hope, plummeting to the bottom of my stomach.

"Woods?" I repeated. He replied with a 'mhm'. "How are we supposed to find her there?" I asked. He thought again for a while.

"There is a meadow, right in the centre. She told me not to tell her family, so please don't tell them. Go look for her yourself. And please, bring her back safe... so I can kick her ass for scaring you all!" I chuckled at Niall's immature comments. I also, now, remember, that I am family. Oops...

"Don't worry mate. I now have everything under control. Thank you, and thank Liam." I said, then hung up.

"So?" Daf asked. I looked at him appologetically. "What? Why can't you tell us?" He yelled, actually quite angrily and surprised.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, heading for the house front door.

"And where do you think you are going?" Rob asked me, grabbing my shoulder. I looked into his eyes, and decided I can no longer be fearful of him.

I yanked my shoulder from his grip, and said to him, "I'm going to get your daughter. Now, you have to trust me. Do you, or do you not?" He looked taken back by my sudden display of courage.

"I trust you." He said finally. I smiled, and he nodded for me to go.

"I won't be long. I promise I will bring her home safely." I said, and rushed out the door. In about 30 minutes, the sun would go down. I had to find her as fast as possible, so I ran as quickly as my legs would take me.

Beth's P.O.V

 I'm sat right in the centre of this beautiful meadow, with John in front of me, and flowers completely surrounding us. I'm glad not many people know about this place, otherwhy's it would be trashed.

We have been sat, legs crossed, 2 feet in front of each other, just staring at each other, not saying a single word, for about 20 minutes. In something like 20 minutes, the sun will go down, and John and I will go home.

A few things about this area is, I love the fact nothing can disturb us. No one knows about it, it's completely remote to civilization, and there is no cell phone. I love that there is nothing but wildlife. No houses, or roads, just plants and animals.

It's so tranquil, it's just pure amazing. You never look at anything the same when you're here. Nothing is negative, because nothing there is negative. No one looks the same either. You see all the perfections, rather than flaws.

Take John for instance. To me, he is usually; shaggy brown hair, brown eyes, and drab style. Now, he is; Wind sweapt, chocolate brown hair, with shining, brown eyes, and a comfortable style, with breathing room.

We are just sat here, in the middle of a magical meadow, when, suddenly, there are twigs breaking, and leaves rusteling. There aren't any wild animals, this is wales for god sake, so someone might have found this place. Or worse... It could be someone looking for me, and found out where I hide.

I sit still, unable to move. The whole atmosphere has now changed. The sky is becoming dark, John is tense, and my mind is somewhere, looking for tranquility. I don't want to be appart of what's coming, but I can't escape either.

"Beth?" I hear a voice, but I don't see who is saying, or recognize who said it. My mind, is almost away. I found a thought, that is stronger than everything, but probably, the most terrifying thing ever.

My dad is abusive. My mum doesn't love me. My family denies knowing me in public. I'm an alcoholic who cuts. I want to commit suicide. My boyfriend is an abusive, druggie. And my being born, was an accident.

"Beth!" A new voice calls. The sound is vibrating through my body, the shock and concern feeling from it making my body tingle. I blink a few times, then feel warm liquid flowing down my face.

"Damn." I say lightly. This meadow, and the woods surrounding it, it's not the same at night. Not with the wrong people anyway. John and I spent a whole night here before, and it never once gave me a thought, or feeling like that. I guess somethings change.

I looked up, from the dark green grass I was staring at, and saw Zayn's panicked eyes, staring right back at me. "I see you get no signal here?" He asked, and I chuckled lightly.

"No shit , Sherlock." I muttered, and got to my feet. I turned to face John, who looked a little more relaxed than earlier. "Thanks. It was nice spending time with you again. I really missed you." He nodded, hugged me, smiled, then left.

"Ready to go home?" Zayn asked, slumping an arm over my shoulder. I looked at him, with wide, glistening eyes. They were filled with tears. "What's-" Before he could say anything more, I had jumped into his arms, and I'm squeezing him tight, scared I might lose hime again.

"Does anyone know where we are?" I asked into his chest. Zayn is taller than me, but I don't mind. It makes him that much more special. I can not explain what I feel with Zayn, it's just weird. It's like what I have with Daf, live I've met Zayn before. But I actaully recognize his face, voice, smell, feeling, and random facts about him.

"No one knows where we are. Niall told me not to tell your family. I wouldn't dissobey you both." He said, being the sweetest person ever! He is a right lady killer, but it doesn't effect me, like I've had years of practice.

"Why do I feel like I know you?" I asked, after we started walking home. His arm was over my shoulder, and my arm was around his waste, making sure no one can take him from me. If they did, they would have some self defence moves placed on them.

"Has anything happened?" He asked, his grip on my shoulder a bit firmer than before.

"Like what?"

"Dreams, memories?"

"Of who?" I ask, and he chuckles slightly.

"You asked about us, so who else would it be about?"

"I have had dreams about me, and a young boy. I was like 2 and the boy was about 7. I remember a little chat, then he gave me a picture and said goodbye." I said, thinking back to the dream I had. "Come to think of it, he looked a lot like you." I say. He smiled.

"Lets get home, and everything will make sense." He said softly, looking into my eyes with his deep brown ones, and I could do nothing but nod.