Chapter 8

We walked in through the front door. I was shaking a bit. Niall just gave me a reassuring smile.

"I'm home!" Niall yelled. Kennedy was stood next to us almost literally bouncing from the walls. She couldn't stay still. She was bobbing on her feet, playing with her zip on her jacket and looking around the house.

Suddenly I see 2 figures racing towards Niall, I hoped they were didn't see Kennedy and I there. They threw their arms around Niall and hung from his neck.

It was Louis and Harry. "Immature." I mumbled under my breath. Louis turned and looked at me.

"Cut loose and fun. Unlike some people." He said trying to make an insult but failing because he was smiling to much.

I decided to play along. "Ow! Why would you do that to me? I thought you love me being around?!" I said, dramatically holding a fist above my heart.

Harry joined in and slapped Louis. "How could you?" He asked and wrapped his arms around me. I winked at him.

"Did you not see that though?" He asked pointing at my face. I put on my best innocent face I could.

"Don't judge her!" Harry yelled.

During this little drama session Niall stood oddly next to Kennedy who burst out laughing as the 2 immature boys started hitting each other like bitches in high school.

"Okay Harry. And you Louis. Games over!" I yelled jumping in between the 2 still slapping each other.

"No! Don't hurt my baby!" Niall yelled and jumped in and pulled me away. I was laughing, Kennedy was on the floor and Harry and Louis were wrestling.

"What the hell is going on out here?" Liam asked walking out. "Zayn and I are trying to-" But he stopped as he saw Kennedy and I. "Beth!" He yelled and ran up to me. He hugged me tightly. "How are you?" He asked as he put me back on the ground again.

I stumbled slightly and smiled. "Truthfully? I don't know. But much happier than earlier." Niall gave me a look as did Liam, Harry, Louis and Kennedy.

We all stood in silence for a while when suddenly Zayn came around the corner. "Has someone died? Why is everyone stoo-" Then stopped as he looked at me. Everyone seemed to do that. Was there something wrong with my hair? Or my outfit?

"Nothing is wrong with how you look Beth." Zayn reassured as he walked over and gave me a light hug.

"How?" I asked. He smiled.

"You were thinking out-loud." He said matter-of-factly. I nodded and hugged him again. Even though Liam is the most mature, Zayn by far acts it most of the time.

"Can we go sit down pleaaaaaaaase?" I begged. I was feeling ill again all-of-a-sudden. The boys nodded and walked away. I grabbed Kennedy's hand and pulled her to the living-room, not that she needed much persuading.

Liam, Niall and Zayn sat on the couch, while Louis and Harry shared a love seat and I sat on the floor in front of the other love seat Kennedy was on.

We were all silent again before Liam spoke up. "Kennedy is it? How long have you known Beth for?" She ruffled my hair and I slapped her hand away.

"Since nursery." She stated. All the boys gasped. We looked at them questioningly.

"We have never known a friendship to last so long." Zayn said. Niall gave me a sad look and I nodded back to him. I saw Harry look at us.

The boys kept throwing questions at Kennedy who asked some back and answered completely truthfully. No shame in this girl.

After a while I got up, "Anyone want drinks or snacks?" I asked. They all nodded for a drink and Zayn and Niall wanted sandwiched. I nodded and headed to the kitchen.