†TDKB 17: Arc

† † †

CHAPTER 17: ARC

"You see, it's our job. It wasn't a choice or an option. It was meant for us—punishing sinner, taking soul, and ruling the underworld. It was a job that you never get paid. Resigning off is none of them. Once we get married, your tasks will be different from yours before. There's no exit here. Here, giving up is not allowed." Still leading her somewhere.

Her eyes were dancing in amusement. All it was surreal to her. Pero mulat ang kaniyang mga mata. Hindi ito isang panaginip lang. Lahat ng nangyari, nasaksihan nya at narinig ay totoong lahat.

"Then w-where is your grandfather?"

"Up in that peak of the mountain." Turo nya sa isang malaking bundok na tanaw na tanaw sa kinatatayuan nila. "We can visit him if you want."

"Huh? Ano...h-hindi pa ata ako ready."

"Why? You scared?" He smirked.

"Sino bang hindi no!"

"You don't have to be afraid. He's nice. He'll loved you. But he's scary as hell if you try to make him mad." Nakaramdam naman sya ng kaba. Tumawa naman si Heath nang makitang nanlaki ang mga mata nito.

"Fear not my bride..." He held tightly her hand. "Grandpa was only mad from those who's against him. And the important thing you do is to trust me that i'll protect you with all my life."

Sandaling nagtama ang kanilang mga mata. Malakas namang sumipa ang puso nya at nag-init agad ang mukha. Tinanggal nya ang titig dito at nagfocus sa daan. Nakakahiya kung makita nyang namumula ang kanyang mukha. Baka bigyan nya ito ng kahulugan.

Nakakainis! Bakit bigla ka nalang bumibilis!

Hawak nya sa dibdib.

"One thing you must know..." Patuloy ng binata. "As we're heading to our destination, prepare yourself because i will show you the things you should avoid. They are tons of them. They are more dangerous than humans."

"Ano naman 'yon?"

"I'll explain to you once we get there."

Tinahak nila ang daan na kung saan sa dulo nito ay may malaking arko ang nakatayo. An arc that looks ancient. They step forward on a few stairs, as she savor the breath taking sight of the surroundings.

Before they went through the arc, you can see the greenery inside there. Sagana sa mga bulaklak at halaman. Ang sikat ng araw ang mas nagpapatingkad sa mga kulay nito. Huminto sila sa tapat ng arko. "Are you ready? The inside was not a place for you to see. Because it contains all the dark sinners and the scream of their sufferings. But i decided that you should know what life you're about to get into."

She breath. "Okay. I'm ready."

Still holding her hand, they lunged forward through the arc. In just a snap, everything turned upside down. Gone with all breath taking views but now covered with agony. Tila pumasok sila sa isang portal na nagdala sakanila sa kakaibang mundo.

She scanned her eyes around. It was full of darkness. The only light was coming from the huge moon above. Hindi ito karaniwang buwan na tulad sa mundo ng mga tao. This moon is too close at them.