Song Of A Broken Heart

"Are you sure?"

"Of course! Do you think I'm a fool?"

"Well... maybe..."

"I'll deal with you later Stark. She's awake."

Rose pushed herself on her elbow and looked at Tony and Steve staring at her. "What?" She asked, eyeing them both.

"A good news." Tony smiled. "We're taking you home. Get up. Get ready."

"And?" Rose asked, her gaze turned hard.

"And? And what?" Steve asked simply. "Tony's thinking about holding a party."

Rose kept staring at them, unblinking and cold. Tony gave in.

"You won't get to use your powers."

"That's it?" Rose challenged.

"Belle... We can talk about it when we get to the Tower." Steve said, offering a smile which didn't reach his eyes. "Let's go back home."

Home....

Rose sat up. "I want my room to be shifted somewhere where there's less presence of life."

I want him to stay away from me.

"As you wish." Tony nodded. "Anything else?"

"Yes." She nodded slowly. "I want my motorbike that I've left at the former house to be brought back to me."

"I could buy you a new one."

"No."

Tony nodded. "Done. Anything else?"

Rose shook her head. She felt so tired and worn out. Her mind was vacant and chest hollow. Nothing interested her anymore.

They could have just killed me... Or surrender me to Hydra....

"Did you hear what I said?" Steve asked. Rose blinked slowly and faced him. "Huh?"

Tony patted Steve's back. "Drop this matter. We can tell her once she is back in the Tower." Steve nodded.

They looked at her once more and then called out the guards and a doctor.

Some guards hurried inside her cell, prodding with keys and telling something but Rose couldn't get herself to focus on them. She didn't even wince when the needle was pulled out of her vein. Everything was blurred. Boring. Uninteresting.

"Rose?"

Rose blinked again, straightening up. Tony and Steve looked at her, worriedly. "Come out." She stood up slowly and then stared down at her hands.

No chains. No extra weight on her but still...

She felt heavy deep inside.

Steve watched her as she kept staring at her hands with that blank gaze. He stepped inside the cell and gently took her hand. "Rose? What is it?" He asked softly.

She was so cold against his warm skin.

Rose shook her head. "Nothing... Yeah..." She let him walk her out of the cell and they started telling her something but she couldn't hear them. So they stopped.

Tony placed his palm on her forehead and frowned. "Are you sick kid?"

He didn't get an answer. She kept staring at the wall.

It had been three days since her fight with Loki. The ring he had thrown at her feet was now around her neck, dangling beside the soul joiner locket and hidden beneath the sweater.