A Promise To Keep

Stay still, let the moment pass
Let me fill my eyes with you
No matter how apart we are
I've loved and will always love you

Loki stared out of the window, arms wrapped around the teddy bear that once belonged to a certain girl, leaning against the wall as the song continued to fill the room.

I'll kiss away your tears
Hug you to sleep
I'll be there with you no matter where I am
And hold you in my arms when you weep

"You aren't here now...to kiss away my tears." He whispered, voice hoarse from screaming and crying. The soul joiner locket, cracked from the middle, hung from his fingers, dull and ice cold.

And one day if you see me dyin'
Just hold me close, lips on mine
Hold me tight till I drift away
But we'll meet anyway another day

A single tear rolled down his cheeks as he watched the setting sun. The scenery was so heartbreakingly beautiful but he found no comfort in those warm hued colours.

"Did you write this song for this day?" He asked to no-one, choking on his breaths. The orange clouds floated in the sky, the sky red but he felt grey inside. Every ounce of happiness has been sucked out of him, he felt dead.

I hope I don't die, darling
Without seeing you
No matter how apart we are
I've loved and will always love you

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry Belle..." His voice hitched with each stuttering breathe. "I wasn't there to hold you...to-to save you. You're so unfortunate to be tied up with me..." He stammered, hugging the teddy close to himself. "I am sorry..."

The song continued to play on repeat, the sweet love words now nothing more than the words of separation and heartbreak. The soulful voice of her continued to remind him of the treasure he had lost.

He wanted to pause the song but couldn't, not when he was getting to hear her voice.

He had wanted to hold her cold bluish body but she was so stiff and no longer the soft warm bundle of joy that he had to teleport to his room and cry his heart out.

He no longer wanted to be near her. He was scared.

"Brother..." Thor knocked at the door, his handsome face etched with anguish and grief.

Loki wiped his face but didn't look at him. Thor, with a shaky sigh, walked near and sat beside him. "Don't lose hope, brother. All will be right." Thor said, rubbing his back.

Loki couldn't help but sniffle. "Nothing can be right anymore Thor! I've nothing to hope for! I-I have lost everything..."

"Loki..." Thor sighed. "Brother, there's still hope."

"You heard what the doctors said!" Loki snapped, new tears filling his eyes. "They said she's just some breathes away from death! They said they can't help her! That-that she would die a-anyhow..." He turned away his face as the tears started rolling down.

Thor bit on the inside of his cheeks and blinked away the moisture from his eyes. "Shouldn't you be there with the rest... With her at her last moments?"

"I won't go..." Loki shook his head, lips trembling. "I won't go... I can't... I just can't..." He cried, not caring if Thor was present. "I can't see her like that... Cold. Stiff. Dead."

"There's still some hope brother-"

"NO THERE'S NOT!" Loki yelled, voice breaking. Thor held his shoulder and he calmed down a bit. "Don't give me false hopes... Thor don't give me false hopes."