Darling Pet

Flashbacks...

"Winston! Boy where are you?" The head executive officer of Hydra, Randal peeked inside the nursery and found it empty.

"Damn it!" Randal curse under his breath. "Guards! Where's he?" He yelled at the two men behind him. "Sir I think he is in the lab. He wanted to see the rats." One of them replied.

"Or at his usual spot for passing time." The other replied. Randal sighed. "He's right... Check the room 51E. And if he's there tell him to meet me in my office." The guards nodded and left.

And indeed, the eleven years old boy was in the room outside the glass cell, staring at the eight years old girl inside it.

The guard called out to him. "Sir you're father calls for you. He wants you to-"

"Tell him I'm busy." Came the brief reply.

The guard knew better than to argue so he went back and informed Randal. Randal sighed dejectedly. "This boy...." He entered the room and beckoned the boy.

"Winston how many times did I tell you not to enter here?" He asked, crossing his hands over his chest. The boy got down from the chair and looked at his father. "Can I play with K daddy?" He asked, pointing at the girl.

Randal shook his head. "No son. She's not yet ready to play with you."

"But father you promised me K on my birthday! You said she's my pet!" The boy pouted, curly locks bouncing.

"And I said the truth son. Give her some time. She's under upgradation." Randal glanced at the small bundle of flesh and bones when she whimpered slightly. "Let's go out Win. Let her rest. She needs energy for the next trial."

Winston nodded and went near the bars. "Hey pet! I'll see you tomorrow and I'll continue my poem!" He stuffed his hand in his pocket and pulled out a candy.

Throwing it towards the girl who jerked violently when it hit her, he chuckled. "She's so funny daddy! I love her!" He smiled brightly, looking behind at his dad. "It's for you pet! Bye bye!" He waved happily and skipped out of the room, not waiting for her reply.

Not that she was allowed to speak without permission. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Now now hush K..." Samael whispered, running his blood covered finger across the girl's sweaty cheek, leaving behind a red line. The girl's unfocused and glazed eyes continued to roll back of her head, the pain of the deep open gash on her left abdomen unbearable.

"Don't you dare to black out in between your punishment. I would hate to hurt you more." He faked a sniffle, fingers busy with needle and thick thread, sewing the gaping gashes shut.

The girl jerked weakly, whole body covered with sweat and bloody stitches. She pulled at her wrist and ankles weakly but she knew that the struggle is worth nothing.

She had lost much blood. All she could feel was pain but she didn't scream. She couldn't scream because of the leather piece stuffed in her mouth. She wanted to let herself shut down her body but she knew it would be a disrespect to her master.

And her master was kind.

Being cut open without anaesthesia was better than getting her bones broken. She should be thankful and grateful but deep inside her heart wished either to die or escape from this place. She knew how ungrateful the thoughts were but she couldn't stop wishing about them.

"Done! Phew..." Samael wiped the slippery red liquid covered fingers on his white apron and called the guards while the other attendant untied the ropes freeing her limbs. "Drop her to her nest! Go fast!"