Obey Master

I watched Rose as she relaxed in her seat and fell asleep. I hate using my powers on her but the way she was gasping for breath and mumbling the same thing again and again, she was about to have a panic attack.

I pushed her head back against the seat and straightened her posture to avoid any discomfort. The trail of tears still glistening on her soft cheeks was the prove how shocked she was. Just some minutes ago, she was happy and chirping but then it changed to a one of shock and horror. This sudden changes in her emotions are not at all good for her mental health.

The windows, I kept them sealed and started driving back to the Tower. I needed to reach there quickly but as I'm a new learner, I can't take the risk of speeding. Specially not when Pud is with me. Road accidents are very frequent in Midgard.

Maybe she was unnecessarily hyperventilating and overthinking the case. Yes, the unexpected death and blood has made her upset. The girl who was her fan died and she couldn't save her. I know this is going to be tough for her to get over it.

Maybe the car had accidentally hit her and the man had ran away from the site in fear of getting interrogated or questioned.

But what if Rose's overthinking is correct?

Then the question arises. Who was the girl? And the man who pretended to be her husband? Why did he push that girl?

I need to know the entire conversation from Pudding when I get back to the Tower.

I need to make sure that Rose's is out of danger.

I glanced back at her to find her sleeping like a baby. Calm and tension free. I was missing her silly babbles and cute laughs. She was so excited and elated on our way to the mall. Why can't she ever remain happy like that?

The questions and disturbing possibilities continued to bounce back and forth in my mind as I successfully reached the compound and parked the car without crashing into other cars.

Tony would chew me whole if I hit any other car of his. He loves them like his own kins and kids. Believe me, he even named some of them. Just like I named my precious daggers.

I pulled out my iPhone and called the first name on the contact list: Thor.

"Hey Thor, can you come down to the parking lot?" I asked once he picked up the call.

"Is this your and sister's way to trick me? If yes then know that mighty Thor is not the one to be fooled -"

"Seriously? Stop it Thor. Rose is...um..." I glanced over her to find her turning and squirming in her seat, still asleep. "Something happened.  Come down quickly." I said, trying to keep the worry in my voice low.

"Alright hang in there little brother. Big brother comes to thy rescue." He ended the call and I rolled my eyes.

I'm not little in any way. Even my little is not at all little.

I unclasped my seatbelt and got out of the driver seat. I opened the door of Rose's side and knelt down to unclasp her seatbelt. She mumbled something, lips trembling in a whimper, clearly fighting off my sleeping spell. I caressed her face, brushing away the strands and she went silent again.

"Brother?" Thor jogged near me and leaned down to glance at Rose. "She's sleeping. Again." He said, looking at me. I scratched my neck. "I put her to sleep. She's under my spell."

"Why?" He asked, alerted. "You know right that you shouldn't use your magic on her like that! It's not good for her mental-"

"I know that Thor. I know that. But I hope you know that I won't try to do anything deliberately that would bring her discomfort, right?" I asked. He nodded. "So please carry the bags while I carry her. I'll tell you everything on our way."