Chapter 5 : A Demons Affection

The sun shown through the dusty windows and onto the wooden ground, a strange place and not one you would remember ever having seen. Nothing was past the window, only a blinding white. You stumbled around, the ground closer to your body than it should've or ever could've been. Yet that wasn't your main concern, since you were shorter for some unknown reason. And as you looked at your hands, you realized that they were those of a child.

Understandably confused, you wandered around the unknown house, the distance always being a blur to you.

A voice was calling out to you. It was soft and quite, just barely audible as you made your way to the large wooden door which stood beside the bright window. As you got closer to the door, you started to get more intrigued. What could lay behind this door? What was that blinding light? Who was calling out to you? Where even were you?

But before you could reach the door you had suddenly  felt two hands gently pick you up from behind, as you heard a the same familiar voice from the woods. The exact same one from a few days ago. "Oh honey, what silly thing are you doing now?"

This strange woman turned you around so that you were now facing her. "Hm? Are you bored?... Well there's only one cure for that," the woman then started to tickle you, making you laugh loudly. A child's laugh, oddly nothing close to yours. As you looked up at her smiling face, you couldn't help but wonder who she was. All you knew at that moment was that you loved her and that she loved you.

In fact, she felt like a mother. Almost like your mother.

... No... Angels don't have parents... Angels can't be humans... And even if, I'd remember my own mother... wouldn't I?...

In that instance, you realized that this wasn't where you were supposed to be. You were with Adrian, inside of a cabin in a forrest. So why were you here? Why were you in this strange place? In this strange body? This wasn't your body, this wasn't your home and this woman, who was she to you? Why did you love her? And why did she love you?

This train of thought was stopped though once you saw the woman visibly start to panic. She quickly ran into another room with you, placing you down on the crooked and rusty bed which you presumed had been hers.

With tears in her eyes she begged you, "Oh please honey, breath!"
As your face turned purple the woman kept on pressing her hands onto your chest, urging you to breath.

You jumped up in your bed as you inhaled loudly, your clothes were soaked with sweat and your cheeks stained with tears. A few seconds passed with you only gasping for the air that you had lost. You were so confused with what had just happened. So much so, that only once you had fully recovered did you think of the dream. ... What a horrible nightmare... But that's all that it was – a nightmare...

Adrian then entered the room, almost letting the shock he had felt appear in his expression. You were still breathing unevenly, hoping to get back every breath that you had lost. The Demon sat down on the edge of your bed, "Are you alright, (Y/n)?"

You nodded unsurely, "Yes, I suppose so. I just need to catch my breath, is all."

"May I ask what you were dreaming to make you so... overwhelmed?"

"Oh, it was nothing," you smiled weakly, "Just a bad dream, is all."

The Demon accepted your answer and stood up, leaving the room and you alone. You hadn't dared to tell him about the dream. After all, you yourself didn't know what it had meant.

You exhaled loudly before mumbling to yourself, "Just a bad dream. It means nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's simply your imagination, just like Adrian said."