Chapter 19 : A Beautiful Horizon

A few days passed until one morning Ciel requested you to come into his office. Sebastian wasn't there as he told you that you'd be accompanying him and Sebastian to Paris. The little lord made it very clear that you didn't have a choice in this matter. Yet you still would've liked asked why, but something within you already suspected what the answer would be.

Too many of Ciels pawns, as he'd call them, were acting independently and without order or reason. Indeed, Ciel thought that you'd be able to keep Sebastian in line, if he too were to decide to act against his orders.

You, in clearly no position to refuse, nodded your head once, agreeing to accompany them to Paris. As soon as you had exited his office and walked down the hallway, you sighed rather loudly. Not that you weren't glad that your young master trusted you enough to have you accompany him so often, it was simply that you desired to stay by Finnys side a little longer. 

But alas, as Sebastian had said, both of you needed to know what it was like to be independent. Neither one of you liked the idea, yet you knew that it was sure to work. At worst Finny would be cross, that's what you hoped at least.

Before the Demon had gotten Finny and you out, you were accustomed to being with Finny most of the day (the only time you weren't with him is when either one of you was being experimented on). And even the short periods that you were alone, you couldn't think of anything else other than talk with Finny again. For so long you both were so dependent on each other for survival and companionship, it was a hard habit to break.

It didn't hurt to try and break this habit, though.

Now, that you had to leave him alone more often and for longer periods of time, you were anxious. You were scared that you'd lose Finny entirely. Most of your conversations would end in an argument, one you'd have to quickly resolve by either giving him hopeful promises or the disappointing truth. 

The day that you'd have to depart to france had come, and you found yourself to be more worried than usual. You had a feeling that this time you wouldn't return to a happy and safe Finny. Something inside you knew that things wouldn't end well if you left. 

Yet you brushed off this feeling, blaming your unwillingness to leave Finny as the source. Adrian had told you that Finny had to know how to be without you, and you trusted him enough to at least follow this advice. And after all, you would only be away for a few days at the very most.

... But a lot can go wrong in just a few days..., a statement you knew was true purely based off of experience. 

You shook your head, pulling yourself out of your thoughts, to say goodbye to Mey, Bard, Pluto and then Finny. The young boy was a little disappointed that you'd leave again so soon. Still he put on a smile and reassured you that he'd be fine. Even after all this time, he was still the boy that cared more about others than himself, not only to you, but to everyone around him as well. 

... There's my little angel... You thought this with a small smile on your face, before getting on the carriage and driving toward the harbor. ... I'll be back soon... Then surely me and Finny can spend more time together...

A few hours later all three of you had arrived in Paris, gotten off of the train and exited the station. Sebastian, being one hell of a butler, immediately brought up a museum which was nearby so that Ciel could go sightseeing. The Demon mentioned that he had heard that there was a corpse of an angel in one of the exhibits. This intrigued both you and Ciel, so you proceeded to walk to this exhibit without much hassle.Only to ultimately find out that it had been the corpse of a white monkey with white owl wings attached to its back.