Chapter 11 : The Phantomhive Maid

The door was burst open by Finny and as you saw him for the first time you started smiling, forgetting everything else. Immediately the red-haired boy ran over to you and hugged you tightly. You hugged him back while smiling weakly, tears threatened to leave your (e/c) eyes. For only a short second you closed them tightly, but as you opened them again you saw someone standing in the door frame.

It had been so long since you had seen Adrian or felt his presence, you had waited for him and he finally came. For a while, you wanted Adrian to save you and just forget the things he'd done, to just start over. But he never did save you, and how pathetic you felt for hoping a Demon would come rescue you. You were left alone until you met Finny. The boy was now (to you) similar to a little brother and he was the only reason you didn't give up completely. At the very beginning, Adrian was the reason you kept on trying. You'd question if it was because of the love or the hate you felt for him.

Yet the man you saw at the door frame was a stranger to you, you didn't know him anymore. You questioned if you'd ever really known him, to begin with, or if you ever loved him. Wasn't he the reason you were tortured for centuries? Why you'd never be able to fly again? That Demon killed so many for such selfish reasons, that's why you'd keep Finny safe at all costs. Even if you'd have to get rid of your other wing, you had to protect Finny. You wouldn't fail him like you failed Annie.

You held Finny tightly as you started to question why Adrian was here. How much more does he want you to suffer? As you glared at the Demon you noticed that Adrian was looking down at you slightly shocked. You were so skinny you stumbled at every step, you were so weak that holding the clothes on you was a challenge. A fulfilled life was what you wanted for Finny, but you wanted death. You wanted to forget everything and begin anew, to start over from scratch. A wish that would never come true, at least not to you. You were cursed and that wouldn't ever change, nobody could reverse the effects of the change.

The Demon slowly got used to your pale complexion as he regained the little composure he had lost. Adrian walked over to you as he calmly asked, "(Y/n) what are you doing here? How long have you been here? What have they done to you?" You silently continued to glare at Adrian, you didn't want to answer him. You're alive only because of Finny, to keep him out of harm's way. You had no interest in talking with Adrian, he could rot in hell for all you cared.

Adrian tried to talk to you, but he soon realized that you'd just continue to ignore him. Finny pulled away and turned to look at Adrian as he asked, "You said you'd take us to your master, didn't you?" You grabbed Finny's hand, holding it tightly, as Adrian normally replied, "Of course, if you two would just follow me."

You weren't eager to follow Adrian, but you had to thank the man that ordered that Demon to save Finny. After all those hundreds of years in the dark, you were glad to finally leave that deplorable building. As you and Finny stepped through the exit you saw the moon in the sky, it was as if you had seen it for the first time. From the time you had entered that hell hole, you felt free again. Out of nostalgia, you watched the sky above you, the stars seemed to welcome you back. Finny smiled as he saw your reaction, he hadn't departed from the moon or the sun.

You turned to look in front of yourself to see a child with an eye-patch. The boy looked annoyed as you started searching for Adrian's master. "Sebastian, what is she looking for?" the boy asked agitatedly. ... Who's Sebastian?... The boy was obviously addressing Adrian and it didn't take long for you to realize that Sebastian was his 'new' name. Sebastian looked at you as he explained, "Young master, I failed to tell them that you weren't a man yet." You sadly gazed down at the young boy. So young and he made a deal with a Demon? The young boy looked at you and Finny as he introduced, "I am the Earl Ciel Phantomhive. May I ask what your names are?" Finny smiled brightly as he stood beside you, "I'm Finnian, this is my friend (Y/n)." Ciel looked at you curiously before stating, "I have an offer for the two of you." You gripped Finny's hand tightly as the earl added, "I'd like the two of you to work for me. Preferably as a gardener and a maid. Do you accept?" Finny looked up at you before answering, "We accept your offer, lord Ciel."