Chapter 13 : The Rise of Fire

It was eight o'clock in the morning when Sebastian informed you, Finnian, Meyrin and Bardroy that you'd be visiting a resort. Apparently the queen gave Ciel an assignment, which he would solve in this village. You weren't particularly interested in why you were going, just as long as you could stay with Finny.

Finnian and the other servants were rather excited about the trip, which in turn lightened your mood as well. If they were happy about the trip, why shouldn't you be? After all, this was just a simple trip. Nothing more, nothing less. At least, that's what you assumed it would be.

On the way, you were all assigned into two separate carriages. The first carriage was far more luxurious and was being driven by Sebastian, Ciel being his only passenger. The second carriage ferried all the luggage and was driven by Tanaka, with you, Finny, Bardroy and Meyrin being the passengers.

As you sat beside Finny, you wondered what the town would be like. Finny, Bard and Mey seemed enthusiastic, but too naive. You knew better than to blindly assume this town would be the best possible place for Finny. So, while the three cheered about the adventures they'd have, you stayed silent, watching everything around the carriage cautiously.

The only stop (on the way) that the two carriages made, was at the entrance of the town. As the carriages stopped you had a lovely view of a small, rotting sign that said 'Houndsworth' and dog sculls, which had been beautifully scattered around it. The three seemed fairly disappointed as the carriages began to move once more. You leaned toward Finny and as you tried to improve his mood, you whispered, "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll still have some fun." ... Mey and Bard won't let the mood haver... They'll make sure of that...

As you saw the Barrymore manor in the distance, you sighed a little. Something was off about the place and you had an eerie feeling about it. When the carriages started to pull up to the front of the manor, you found the reason why you had felt so strange. Standing by the door was a maid with hair as white as snow, pure purple eyes and an unvaried similarity to Ash.

For some reason, seeing this woman sent a cold shiver down your spine. You couldn't move a muscle, your body refused to. All you could do was stare at the woman, unsure of what to think or expect. One of the only things you were sure of, was that she had to be an Angel. You didn't know how you knew, you simply did.

To make matters worse, you weren't the only one watching her since Finnian had also been staring at her. Sadly, it wasn't out of shock. As he stood beside you, he adoringly stated, "She's so pretty, isn't she?" ... Don't you dare!... Stay away from her until I find out what's going on... If she's who I feel she is... I don't even want to consider what would happen if I'm right...

The maid accompanied Ciel and Sebastian into the manor as you, Mey, Bard and Finny brought the luggages inside. As soon as you had finished that underwhelming task, the other servants and you rested in the room you were given. In the room, there was no other furniture besides the four beds, much to Mey and Bards disappointment.

An hour or so passed until you and the other servants were invited to tea by the mysterious maid. Honestly, you didn't want to go but since Finny wanted to, you escorted him. After you had all gathered in the kitchen, she formally introduced herself as Angela.

In between drinking tea and watching over Finny, you stayed silent. The resemblance she shared with Ash was unbelievable, and as much as that frightened you, you tried to stay calm. Even if you refused to admit it, you wanted to grab Finny and run away as fast as you could. Angela noticed your silence and it seemed that she knew why you were being silent. You'd occasionally glare at her, but that was as far as you'd go in front of the others.

Finally Angela had to leave and you were left alone with Finny, Bard and Mey, who were all of the impression that she was like an Angel. You took Finnys hand and brought him outside with you. (During this seemingly simple act, Mey and Bard continued chatting together, oblivious to their surroundings.)