Chapter 1 : The Tractus

Everything was always so light.
Ever since you had been in heaven you couldn't help but feel light. So much so that it slowly started to bore you. Yet because you couldn't remember anything before this self-renowned paradise, you had grown accustomed to it's affect of boredom on you.
Nothing ever weighed on your shoulders and everything was, as the other angels would say, pure.

Since you had no memories prior to heaven, you didn't know how you got to heaven or how long you had already been there before regaining consciousness. You didn't know where on earth you might have lived, or if you had even existed, before your arrival in heaven. All you knew is what Ash had told you and you believed him whole heartedly.
Your reasoning for this was that he had nothing to gain from lying to you about your past. But this reasoning didn't give you much comfort since it left most of your questions unanswered.

As you laid on one of the clouds, Ash flew up behind you. While turning around to look at him, his wings caught your attention. They were large and blindingly white, in short, his wings were stunning. When looking at Ash in this form, most Angels eyes would simply be drawn to his wings. And Ash, being the proud and to an extent vain, didn't take issue with the thought that others envied him.

You stretched your wings out, letting some wind run through their feathers, as you got ready to fly. Mostly because the Angel, who was now in front of you, would've considered it rude of you to continue laying down during a conversation.
As you stood up and started flying next to him, you smiled sweetly and greeted, "Hello there, Ash."

The Angels smile seemed somewhat insincere as he too greeted you, "Good morning, (Y/n). How have you been?"
As you flew beside him, you sheepishly answered, "I've been well for the most part. We're in heaven after all, yet.. I can't help but catch myself wondering abou-"
Ash sighed in disappointment as he cut you off, "You can't help but wonder about your past?" 

You nodded once before continuing, "Yes. I know that it displeases you whenever I ask, but I need to know. Could you please simply tell me how I came to be here? Until now you've always given me the vaguest of answers. Why is that? Is it because I haven't been in heaven as long as you?"

Ash, annoyed by your questioning, calmly and coldly answered, "I've told you all I know, (Y/n). You were created by him to be an Angel among us. There was no more or less intended for your being here, the sooner you accept that, the better. Now, please, refrain from asking me again.

... It's obvious that you're lying... but why?... You're my friend... so I'm forced to believe that you're doing it for my best... So for now... I'll have to believe that story to be true...

You nodded once before looking down at your hands in disappointment. Ash and you then proceeded flying around heaven, side-by-side. The Angel, with a slightly condescending look, then questioned, "(Y/n), have you tried to strengthen your relationship with the other Angels?"
While frowning a little you replied, "No, I have not. Whenever I try I overhear how they slander others. It's simply not an act I want to be associated with."

Ash' expression changed slightly from a condescending one into a shocked one, "Slander? That's something I can't possibly allow Angels under my supervision to do. Tell me, whom have they been slandering?"
You looked to your side to avoid eye-contact, because you knew what his response would be, as you answered, "Demons, they've been talking about them incessantly lately. Talking about how disgusting, vile and cruel they are. None of them have ever even seen or had a conversation with a Demon, so how could they know? Besides, talking about anyone in such a manner isn't righteous."

The Angel raised his eyebrow as he matter-of-factly explained, "It's in their right to talk about Demons in whatever manner they choose to. (Y/n), Demons are grotesque, evil creatures. They are impure vermin, unlike us, which is why we are allowed to express our truthful opinion. Let go of your stubbornness and accept that truth."
You narrowed your eyes slightly as you questioned, "And what would that truth be, Ash?"