Chapter 16 : Children of Bones

It's been a few weeks since the incident with Ash and you'd have to say that everything was going relatively well. You still felt weak but you were determined to stop running and hiding, even if it was mostly for Finny's sake. Sebastian had also decided to help you in any way he could, since he wanted you to be able to protect yourself. But the one thing Sebastian didn't tell you was that he'd never let Ash even lay a finger on you again.

The Demons reasoning for not telling you this was that he feared you'd feel helpless if he offered you protection. Sebastian knew that you didn't like being weak, so he decided that he'd rather teach you how to protect yourself. But in the unlikely event that you weren't strong enough, he'd be there to make sure history didn't repeat itself. 

You were serving Ciels tea when he told you, "(Y/n), have you ever heard of the Ludlow castle?" As you poured him his tea you shook your head. The earl sighed before continuing, "It's a castle, as the name so clearly states, and I was planing to build a hotel within it." ... Good for you... I suppose... But why are you telling me this?...

While placing the teapot onto the side of the tray Ciel said, "Thank you, (Y/n). You're probably wondering why I'm telling you all of this." You gave him a nod as he took a sip from the tea, "I'm telling you this because the workers refuse to rebuild the castle. Apparently it's haunted by ghosts, foolish is it not? But I'll get to the point, you are to come along when we inspect the castle." ... That's... good... I suppose this would be a chance to redeem myself... since I left him alone and without protection at the Curry Contest...

You smiled at him as you nodded once more. The earl looked pleased at your willingness to come along as he dismissed you. However you weren't too fond of the idea to meet ghosts, but then again perhaps they're nice? You've never met a ghost before, yet who ever said that they were evil? Perhaps they just like causing mischief, that's all.

As soon as you had put the tray holding the tea away, you ran over to Finny to explain to him that you'd be leaving with Ciel and Sebastian to Ludlow Castle. The gardener was excited for you (since he'd always wanted to see or hear about a real ghost) but he expressed his desire for you to be back as soon as possible. You smiled down at him as you whispered, "Don't worry, I'm sure it won't take longer than a few hours at the very most." 

"And if it does?" the young man looked at you sadly. You ruffled his hair as you replied, "Then I suppose we'll have to be apart for a while. But you'll be safe regardless." Finny had one more question he had to ask you (before he'd be okay with you leaving) which was, "What if Ash shows up there? You won't run away, will you?" 

Shivers went down your spin as you thought of Ash, but you quickly stopped wasting your thoughts on him to kneel down in front of Finny, holding his hands tightly, "I won't run away, I'll be scared but I won't run away. I promised you that I'd stop running and I will. Besides, if I'd run away, I'd run to you so that I could make sure you're okay." The young man hugged you before smiling brightly again, "Thanks... And one more thing. If you see a ghost, tell me okay?" 

You nodded as you replied, "Of course."

When Ciel, Sebastian and you finally arrived at the courtyard of the castle you realized how alone you actually felt. The tools used for rebuilding were still there, just all the workers had seemingly disappeared. You opened the carriage door so that Ciel could exit and once Sebastian had taken care of the horses, you all entered the castle. 

The castles interior was a little dusty and the air within was thick. Beside the entrance was a large painting of two young blonde boys. You would've mentally asked Sebastian who they were but before you could, a male voice from the room next to you called you all over to said room. As soon as you saw the young man who had called you all over, you recognized him from the painting. He must've been the 'ghost' the workers were talking about.