Chapter 18 : If I Love You

You were walking through the manor looking for Finny, who had previously finished his morning duties as the gardner. But as you walked through the hall, you passed a room of which the door was wide open. While stopping to close said door you realized that Ash and Ciel were sitting there, discussing some murder which had occurred at the docks. You didn't stay long since you didn't want Ash's attention to fall on you. 

Although, even if subconsciously, you knew that he had seen you. Without wasting a moment you continued looking for Finny. Thankfully when you finally did find the boy, he had been playing with Pluto. When the Devil Dog saw you he couldn't contain his excitement and turned into his Demon form.

Before Pluto could reach you, while dodging him, you ran over to Finny and hugged him, "He hasn't seen or talked to you, has he?" Finny looked up at you confused, "Who's he?" You sighed in relief as you pulled him closer to you, "Ash, he's here again. Please stay with Pluto until he's gone." The boy frowned a little as he pouted, "Only if you stay here with me."

You pulled him closer to yourself as you replied, "Of course."

Pluto, getting jealous of you only hugging Finny, ran over to the both of you. While throwing you and Finny off of your feet, Pluto jumped on you and started licking your face. You managed to crawl out from underneath him as you raised your hand, which was the way you'd tell him to calm down. The Devil Dog sat down and slowly transformed into his human form again. You patted his head and gave him a treat for obeying the order without much hesitation. 

Since Pluto had destroyed his suit by transforming you sighed and started walking toward the mansion to get him some clothes. Finny grabbed your hand, stopping you as he asked, "Why are you going in there? Ash is still here... so you should wait." You shook your head as you explained, "Just because he's here it doesn't mean I can stop preforming my duties as a maid. But you on the other hand, you stay here, next to Pluto." 

He narrowed his eyes as he argued, "But what if-"

You shook you head, "You just stay here, you finished most of your work for this morning anyways. Just stay here until he leaves." "No!" "I wasn't asking Finny so please... just listen to me. Nothing will happen." Finny looked at you suspiciously as he further questioned, "If nothing's going to happen, why do I have to stay here?" You sighed lightly before telling him, "Just stay here and take care of Pluto, I'll be back in a few minutes at most. Besides, it's unlikely that I'll run into Ash."

The gardner didn't want to continue fighting with you so he reluctantly said, "Fine, but if something does happen I'll... I'll... I'll be very upset." You smiled weakly before running your hand through his hair, "Thanks, I'll be back in a few minutes. You can send a search party if I'm not back on time." The boy laughed lightly before nodding.

You had just gotten the suit as you began walking back to Finny. But on the way you were pushed against a wall by Ash, who looked more annoyed than usual. You tried to move passed him but he grabbed your arm tightly, pulling you back roughly. However you didn't let this stop you from trying to leave again, you were determined not to show how scared you actually were. In all honesty you just wanted to cry and scream, but now you were strong and skilled enough to hide that from others. 

Ash smirked, somehow he must've gotten a glimpse of the reaction he was so desperately looking for, as he said, "You won't have to wait much longer, soon I'll be able to escort you to the next institution." This didn't awake any particular reaction until he added, "I might as well bring that little redheaded boy you adore, Finnian, was it not? Besides it might teach you a lesson, seeing him being taught, I mean." ... You can threaten me all you like but you leave Finny out of this... You don't even know him!...