Chapter 15 : Garden of Sinners

When you saw him your first reaction was to simply stare at him in shock. Then, with your eyes still fixated on him, you took a few steps back. Your breathing started to quicken, you felt your heart would burst out of your chest as your muscles began straining themselves. What was this devil doing here? Escorting the queen nonetheless. 

The Angel, the reason you were relentlessly tortured for two centuries, was here, in front of you. You couldn't get anymore air, your lungs refused to make even the slightest sound by breathing. As you watched him you began to remember the pain your body had been put through, the scar on your back began to sting. As it usually would when you were under stress. Your vision blurred but as the realization that Finny was still in the room hit you, your eyes widened.

You quickly pushed passed all the other humans as they began singing 'God save the queen'. Panic filled your entire being, you felt like the helpless girl in the stone cell you had been before. Without hesitation you grabbed Finny's arm and pulled him out of the building. After Finny deemed that you had pulled him far enough from the building he stopped you. With tears in your eyes you turned around to look at him. ... Don't stop... Not yet... Not now...

The young boy looked at you worried as he questioned, "What's wrong, (Y/n)?" In your mind you didn't have enough time to answer his question, you had to bring him to safety as soon as possible. You thought that you'd answer his questions later, when you were safe. So you simply continued pulling him with no regard of how he felt. As you continued pulling him you began to realize how light-headed you were (most likely because of the pace in which you were grasping for air). 

Finny, being the little boy you had grown to see as your only family, followed you. Although he continued to wonder why you were crying, he didn't like seeing you in this state. Yet he still trusted your decision to carry on quietly, so he refrained from asking anything until you yourself had decided to stop pulling him behind you.

Only when you had reached the woods outside of London did you stop running and let your legs give in. The young boy sat down beside you as you pulled him into a tight hug and continued crying. You were shaking and the state of terror you were in couldn't ever be described to anyone who hadn't ever felt the way you currently did. The feeling of saliva slowly gathering in the back of your throat made you want to vomit. 

You quickly let go of Finny and as you stood on all fours you started coughing up a mixture of spit and blood. It felt as if your body was trying to kill you as to relieve the pain you were currently in. Finny, stunned by the sight in front of him, hesitated before quickly sitting down beside you to rub your back. He didn't know how to help you, so he simply started saying, "Don't worry, (Y/n)... I'm sure it'll be over soon."

With each breath you took you felt as if your throat was being pulled together, letting you choke on your own blood. You felt so relieved when you finally vomited up the mixture your body had been cutting off your air supply with. As soon as you had thrown up everything you fell back onto the ground behind you. You simply looked up at the sky as Finny began to say something, but all you heard was a high-pitched ringing. 

This ringing was familiar to you and you knew that it would end in a couple of minutes. To Finny, however, this was his worst nightmare. As he looked at you laying there, your face sunken and hollow, your lips white and cracked with the soulless eyes of someone being broken apart, he started panicking. What was he to do other than wait until you came back, until you looked at him instead of through him.

Thankfully the young man was still sitting beside you when the ringing stopped. It felt as if you had been awoken from a painless trance into the reality of what your body was going through. Of course it wasn't enough that your mind suffer because of Ash, your body had to as well.