Chapter IV

"Malfoy? Come, come! Let me see!" Bellatrix commanded, gesturing desperately for the parchment in Hermione's hands

Hermione's eyes stung from the tears that threatened to fall. Her steps felt light as she felt a little giddy, stepping forward toward Malfoy's excited aunt.

"Give it," Bellatrix exclaimed, snatching the crumpled black parchment.

Bellatrix scanned the parchment properly as though inspecting. Not long after when a victorious and malicious grin drew on her lips.

"The Mudblood is indeed Draco's!" Bella screamed, waving the parchment.

The crowd reacted differently. A part of the crowd was evidently disappointed by the result. Very few were glad for Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy's not even here!"

"Shut it, Pucey. Rules, are rules!" Bellatrix replied, her voice hollering inside the courtroom.

Hermione took a few steps back to her spot, and then Bellatrix called another participant. She was young, clearly beaten by the war.

The young girl sobbed hard, marching with little steps towards the draw box. She nibbled on her bloodstained nails as her shoulder shook terribly. Her whole expression was tensed and tired.

Hermione's eyes landed on the young girl's feet. They were bruised and bleeding fresh blood, leaving scarlet streaks on the courtroom floor. To Hermione's estimation, the little girl appeared to be between the ages of twelve and thirteen.

The draw box rotated as the sickening anticipation of the crowd intensified, as though monsters fighting for the last prey.

"Silence!" The Dark Lord's voice echoed.

The young girl had to tiptoe to reach one parchment. She winced with the pain it caused on her feet.

"Primis Cassius Soleil," said the young girl.

The crowd dropped in silence, all heads turning to Cassius Soleil, the long-haired man in the business suit.

"Primis Cassius Soleil!" Bellatrix announced, repeating it louder.

The Dark Lord stood upon the mention of the Primis. He cleared his throat as the light focused on Cassius.

"Before we proceed with our fun. I presume most of you must be confused and curious about the unfamiliar name recently called," the Dark Lord began.

"I am honoured to introduce to you Primis Cassius Soleil," the Dark Lord gestured for Cassius as he stood greeting the crowd.

"Next to him, is the lovely as ever, Honora Admey Soleil."

The sophisticated young woman in the navy-blue dress stood, holding her head up high, well aware of her influence and power. Like her brother, her whole being screamed authority. Her eyes became sharp in expression when a whistle was heard from the upper benches.