Chapter X

Draco's eyes were dead, pointed at one fixed point as he dragged the lifeless headless body through the dark hallway towards his bedroom. His grip was too tight around the ankle of the dead body that it almost cracked its bones. There was a wild rage inside him that wanted to come out. Fortunately, he managed to get to his bedroom without losing to the rage inside him that wanted to win over his consciousness. Draco slammed his door as he closed it, dropping the body on his bedroom floor. His eyes were menacingly calm, staring at the dead body when he remembered he still had the head in his hand. Draco lifted the pale and lifeless head near his face and examined it. Rummaging his mind as he tried to identify it. When he found nothing, he dropped the head near the body that lay on his floor, spilling blood as a faucet left opened.

Draco heaved a quick breath as his neck twitched due to the demands of his hunger. His blood-red pupils dilated as he can't keep his eyes away from the blood flooding his floors. His breaths became shorter and were too deep to reach as he kept his hunger on the line. The hunger was there, but not the craving that usually drives him over. Its scent was different. The old man's blood smelled like old rust and old parchment, the combination of scents he extremely hated. The scent of old rust seemed to invade his nose up to his head, as it pounded in pain, reacting to the strange scent. Still, the starvation was there despite the hideous scent of it. Draco took a step back and staggered as he made his way to his bathroom.

His short breaths became shaky as he leaned against the bathroom door and stared at himself in the mirror. He began to sweat cold, yet he felt hot inside.

His bathroom floors bath in bloody water as he rinsed himself under the cold water of his shower. The blood began to paint itself on his pale skin, requiring a thorough bath for it to go away. Drops of water dripped from his wet messy hair as he stared down at the bloody water on his feet. Who knew his mother's scented candle would calm him down? He took a long deep breath as he rubbed his cheeks and traced his jawline once again, rinsing the tragedy of that night out of his skin. He darted his sight at his naked in his mirror inside the bathroom.

As soon as Draco got out of his bathroom, the unlovely scent of the old man's blood came rushing in, waking the venom inside him, but a lovely calming scent filled his nose. He knew that very well, that same scent that acts as his sweet torture. Hermione Granger's scent was there in the air, taking over his senses, forcing itself to his system to sweeten the ugly scent of old rust that lingered around. The urgent need to have more of it drove him into another spiral of hunger. The veins in his arms and hands revealed themselves under the pressure of Draco's attempt to not follow the scent luring him to his lust for more.

The concentration alone was too much for him. The more he closed his eyes and stand there, holding himself back just made everything complicated. Her scent was like a whisper of temptation dancing in his system, inviting him for some feast. Draco grabbed his wand and enchanted the radio on his bedside table. He played a tune that he used to listen to before going to bed. He stood there in front of his full-body mirror wearing only a towel, with the dead body behind him and his feet drenched in blood. He did his best to calm himself only by simply breathing the air that swirled her sweet scent. He cracked his knuckles as he clenched his jaws and gritted his teeth. His eyes were gently closed, but a knock on the door made him open his eyes. His silver-grey eyes swirled a gentle hint of purple again.

"Good job, son," said Narcissa as she stood there at his doorstep, holding her wand that provided her light.

Draco tilted his head in response, his eyes blank as he looked at his mother, bleeding on her forehead. He felt his patience snap and was about to attack his mother when she pointed her wand at him, not a spell out of her mouth. She only pointed her wand at him, and then he paused on his steps.