Chapter XXX

Hermione awoke to the subtle bustle surrounding her. She discovered herself huddled surrounded by pillows. The curtains were drawn back, inviting the subdued light of the stormy day inside.

On the other side of the room, Malfoy stood facing a body-sized mirror as he buttoned up his well-pressed white inner shirt.

Hermione scanned the room and recognized the room regardless of only seeing it in dim light before.

"I woke up at 2:00 am. You fell asleep in a chair. I was supposed to carry you to your bedroom, but I felt too damn dizzy I couldn't walk any farther nor apparate you there. So, I hope it's not much of a wonder how you ended up waking up on my bed."

Hermione forced herself to sit up and massaged her head, trying to get rid of the pounding of her head. She followed Malfoy with her sight, and it seemed as though he had a recollection of last night's events.

"You don't remember what happened last night?" She asked and hopped off his bed.

Malfoy scoffed as he scanned his closet for a new robe.

"Something happened last night?" He replied sarcastically.

"I told you liquor was a trigger," Hermione started, hoping to freshen his memory.

He paused.

"The venom took over you last night - "

"What did I do?" He asked, dropping the playful tone, randomly snatching a robe and facing her.

He held her shoulders, inspecting her for some injuries. He held her chin, tilting her face to the side for a decent view of her neck.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked, eyes still lingering on her face.

"No, you didn't - "

"What's this?" He angled her face properly after catching the fresh bruise on her neck.

His jaw hardened and his grip firmed.

She held his wrists, gently tearing his hands off her skin.

"What's this?" He asked as he caught her wrists instead, witnessing the slit on her palm.

There's no point in hiding. Hermione thought, prepared to spit the information.

"Last night, when you were under the venom, you were in agony and - "

"And what?" He asked with gravity in his tone.

"I figured out that it's blood that calms you down. My blood calms you down - calms the venom down - "

"So, you played healer on me and slit your palm to feed me your blood?" He asked furiously.

"It's better than you attacking me - "

"That's why I told you to fucking run!" He pulled her close.

"So, you do remember?"

"I don't remember everything, Granger. This is why you should listen to me!"

"After every attack, you become normal for a few weeks or even months!" Hermione discussed as she followed him around the room.

"Oh, how the fuck should I know when I don't remember anything?"

"Malfoy, listen - "

"I am not having this conversation with you, Granger," Malfoy replied as he put on his robe.

"We could help each other, Draco."

He froze, processing all the words she said in her most recent sentence.