Chapter XI

She stared blankly at the teacup in front of her whilst the morning sunlight warmed her back. Her feet were warm with the fluffy slippers that Narcissa offered her to wear as she walked the cold floors of the Manor. Two weeks and three days had passed, and she had never seen him again. The last time she saw him was that night when she witnessed him kill someone in her bedroom.

Hermione mostly spends her time thinking about what exactly happened that night as some fragments of it are still blurry. This morning, Narcissa finally convinced her to join her for a morning tea at her rooftop garden in exchange for a copy of the Daily Prophet.

"As promised," said Narcissa, gracefully sitting down in front of Hermione, handing her a recent copy of the Daily Prophet.

Hermione's heart pounded in both excitement and nervousness the moment her fingers touched the rough parchment. Yet, despite it all, her eyes couldn't help themselves from sparkling upon the sight of the Daily Prophet. She snatched it from Narcissa's hand and almost spilled her cup of tea. "Oh, I'm so sorry—" she immediately apologized.

"It's alright dear, I do get the excitement. After all, it took me more than two weeks to bring you one of those," said Narcissa.

Hermione paid a gentle and quick smile and proceeded to flip the pages of the Daily Prophet. The words seemed to dance in her eyes.

"How did you get this? I mean—you said you need to get Draco's permission for this?" asked Hermione.

"My son's too busy as of the moment Hermione, let this be our little secret for now," said Narcissa as she added two sugar cubes to her hot tea.

"Speaking of Draco, how—"

"My son's doing fine Hermione. I couldn't be more glad to see that Healer Leo's treatment worked well for my son. I do wish we could keep it to ourselves, unless—"

"Unless I want my memory to be altered?" Hermione finished the sentence for Narcissa. They had that talk already where they had to exchange conditions for each other's benefits. She gets hers, and Narcissa gets hers too.

Narcissa nodded once and smiled like she did not just spit out a threat in front of Hermione seconds ago.

"I see," said Hermione and proceeded to read the Daily Prophet, starting at the front page.

At the center of the front page was a moving picture of the children aged 14 to 16 and Draco standing in front of them wearing his death eater uniform.

YOUNG AT WAR: TRAINING OF TWENTY-ONE RECRUITS UPDATE

By Rita Skeeter

Younger recruits are trained by General Draco Malfoy as ordered by the Dark Lord. Three days left and these aspiring young Death Eaters will soon meet their final test, face to face with the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord is said to be expecting more flourishing trainees and less waste of young magical blood after the final test.

"They are determined to learn. I assume they are ready. I am giving the best that I can to provide and pass on what I have to this younger generation. I am hopeful as well for them to survive the final test. I want them to survive in complete twenty-one, unlike the first batch that two out of ten unfortunately fell and failed to receive the honor to be a trusted wing of the Dark Lord."

-General Draco Malfoy

SIGHTINGS OF UNDESIRABLE NO. 1 GEORGE WEASLEY

By Rita Skeeter

Sightings of Undesirable No. 1 George Weasley had gone low after being reported to the Dark Lord two weeks ago. The Dark Lord raises numbers of his Death Eaters and Snatchers to track the former Order Members on the run. The Minister of Magic from Belgium to join a meeting with the Dark Lord to discuss methods and exchange of conditions for the rapid search and detain of anyone against the New Ministry.