chapter 40 proposal

Special thanks to all the readers who started following my profile, thank you for giving this support and appreciating my hard work. 💕❤️❤️🙏
I hope I did justice to the title of the story. Hope you all agree to it.
So let's start.

After reaching garima's place in London Garima informed about her arrival at adhya and also that they are visiting their place the same night as media people were keeping an eye on both the families so they decided to meet khurranas at midnight to avoid more controversy. Mahesh already told the security team to keep this visit confidential even though rudra shouldn't know about it., and also to keep an eye on the media, if they found anything suspicious then they should inform him

At midnight when they visit the Khurana villa they noticed the faces of devrat,drishti and Ashish, who were looking stressed and it was obvious too.

When Adhya reached the living room she cried her heart out hugging garima,gauri also tried to console her. After some time,adhya composed herself, and they all got settled in the living room. Gauri Shekhawat started the main topic.

"See Ashish Ji I know whatever happened or what is happening right now is like living a nightmare. But we are suffering more than this in Shimla "

" My son was young when he has to bear all the responsibilities of the family, we can say he lost his ambition and dreams in carrying out the responsibility of our company and family too ."

" Rudra has sacrificed his life in handling this but now his fifteen years of hard work are going in vain. You know drishtiji our team of lawyers suggested him to tell the reality to the world but rudra refused you know why because he doesn't want to put adhya's future at stake, that's why the same day of kidnapping he demolished all the proofs of adhya's kidnapping too ."

" We know that gauriji, and we are very grateful to rudra for saving our daughter," Drishti replied in a soft tone.

" Thankful hmm " gauri took a deep sigh, "but you know what he got in return accusation, shame and downfall of our company which is built by his hard work ."adhya tries to keep her tears at bay, listening to this as she is already blaming herself and listening to gauri's words her guilt increased .gauri looked at adhya and started again.

" What my son's fault adhya? , he just saved you from misery and in return he was accused of some rubbish allegations. you know what people were saying about him that he kept his brother's widow as his mistress and you all know rudra will not think about you like this, not even in his dreams ."

" We know gauriji! we know that whatever is happened is not the fault of adhya or rudra, but tell us what can we do ."Ashish was not feeling good about the upcoming conversation.

" I am here for that only, I am asking your daughter's hand for my son rudra"

The whole living room went silent for some minutes adhya was in shock to listen to something unexpected.

Ashish stood up and joined his hands before them, "we heard what you said but my answer is no, I will not marry adhya with rudra ."

" Why?.... I mean you have to tell me a reason mr khurrana, I am not going from here until you give me a reason" gauri coughed hard in the last.

"Jiji please, let me talk" giri has to interfere in between as gauri started losing her cool ".see mr khurrana I know you all must be not expecting this but we are here after a lot of discussions. we know that adhya and rudra are, I mean rudra is thirteen years older than adhya. But trust us he will keep her happy".

" giriraj Ji,dont you think that marrying them will make the nonsense theory real .people are smart enough to know that they are married because they got caught .and about the reasons, so I have many, firstly rudra and adhya are not compatible with each other. They have not only an age gap but their upbringing, and nature are opposite from each other. I will not marry my daughter under pressure. yes, I want her to get remarried but, rudra. no, I will not agree to this ever".