chapter 6 The meeting

The   Khurrana family was all set to meet the Shekhawat. Adhya was in her room reminding herself of the tips that dadu gave her.
No. 1 Wish them in namaste (the Indian way to greet by joining your hands ),  she should also touch his mother's feet for blessings.

No 2 only answers when a question is asked and in a polite manner.

No 3 on the dinner table let the elders start first then she should start having her meal.

No 4 Answers confidently about herself whenever asked.

No 5 And the most important point is no PDAs in front of elders, she should maintain a distance with abeer.

Adhya for the first time in her life feels this kind of mixed emotions, she is feeling butterflies in her stomach and at the same time, she was scared of her mother's reaction. She was just praying that his mother should accept her wholeheartedly and she promised herself that she will never disappoint abeer's family.

   As the clock stricked 7 pm the shekhawats arrived at khurrana's residence.

    Garima Shekhawat wore a simple saree and abeer was dressed up in casuals. Holding the sweet boxes in their hand they were standing at the entrance of khurrana's house.

khurrana family gave a warm welcome to them at their  house,

    Abeer introduced himself and his mother to them.

Mr Ashish Khurana introduced himself, his wife, his father to them

  Abeer touched their feet for blessings, devrat was happy seeing this kind of value inside him. He already approved this alliance in his mind but he knows if he says yes then, as usual, his daughter in law will say no .so he decided to act accordingly.

   Ashish called adhya in the leaving room,adhya entered the room wearing a kurta with leggings, it was a very simple yet elegant outfit.

  Garima looked at her in admiration, she was impressed by her simplicity and her choice of the outfit too. Now she understood how abeer fall in love with her. Adhya greeted them in namaste on which abeer winked at her secretly.
Dadu signalled adhya to touch garima's feet for blessing, she did exactly what her dadu told her.

   Garima was happy seeing her respect towards elders and their culture too.

  "God bless you baccha " saying this she gave a warm hug to adhya.

    Seeing their outfit and behaviour drishti got confused, adhya told her that abeer is the owner of the Shekhawat empire. But now looking at their outfits and decency she was having second doubt in her mind. The old lady is wearing a saree it must be costly but not designer .she was also wearing diamond jewellery, but drishti was not impressed by them. The boy abeer was good looking and a decent guy, but he was too close to his mother. Drishti doesn't want her daughter to suffer in the same way as she was suffering as Ashish is too close to his father.

   So she started her inquiry

  " So Mrs Shekhawat adhya told me that the rest  family are living in India, so you live in a joint family there "

  "Yes when we use to live in Shimla, but our ancestors  are from  a small place near Shimla ."

  " So you have a big family, I mean more family members "

  "No, we are only 4 people in our family
My elder sister in law gauri didi and her son rudra, me and my son abeer  "

 " Ooh ok. "

  "  Rudra this name I heard somewhere," Ashish asked in curiosity

, "Uncle my brother is among the topmost businessmen in India "Abeer declared proudly.