Chapter 7

Y/n was having her normal tea day with Athy and Claude. Everything was normal. Claude would scold Y/n for her playful actions during practice, not taking things too seriously.
Athy just giggling at the two.

Y/n was drinking her famous Ocean Mint tea that only she and the maid she told to make it knew of the ingredients.
That maid was named Sarina. She was in her early 20's and was very mature for her age. But that came with a price, she was just as mischievous as Lady Rivia. Sarina ended up becoming one of Y/n's main maids.

Suddenly when Y/n and Claude were talking about a teacher for Y/n to control her magic. They heard Athanasia coughing.
They didn't think much of it, but still looked her way.

Three pairs of eyes widen as they saw blood. Athanasia coughed once more, blood practically spraying out of her mouth.

"Princess!" Felix shouted, Athanasia had fainted. Luckily, Claude and Felix caught her in time.
The maids quickly went to get a doctor, Felix and Claude were looking down on Athanasia's unconscious body. Trying to figure out what had happened.

Y/n was just in the background. Watching all chaos brake lose.

This was all happening so fast.
All of this panic and shouting, it brought her back to something

𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

Screams of terror echoed throughout the city that was set on fire.
A young girl watches in complet horror, on the verge of crying, she looked up to a tall figure besides her.

"Isn't this beautiful."
The young girl froze at the older ones words. Trembling, the little one slowly stepped back.

But the others cold purple eyes shifted their way to the little one.

Fear.
Something the little one has never experienced when it came to the older girl. But now? Now was way different.
"Y-you lied to me. . . You said w-we were helping people." The little one spoke, tears already falling from her face?

"Oh but my dear sister. We are helping people. Our people. From our nation. These people aren't from our empire."
The older girl had a smirk on her face.

The older one was walking twords the younger one who would flinch from time to time when she heard screaming pain from the people down at the city.
"Now be a good girl and watch this city burn."

The young girl couldn't move anymore. Too scared to move, too loyal to say no.

Suddenly another figure steped in front of the smaller girl,
"That's enough, Alita."
A deep voice spoke.

The male turned his head to the younger one. His lips were moving, but she couldn't understand what he was saying.
"----- I'm sorry"

End

It's been two days and Athanasia is still unconscious. Y/n would visit throughout the day and skip her lessons just to be by the blondes side.

"Lady Rivia. His majesty wants to see you." Sarina spoke. Y/n didn't move from her spot next to the sleeping Athanasia.
"Tell him I'm not in the mood right now." Y/n said.
"I'm sorry my lady. But this was an order, not a request."
Sarina said. Causing the 10 year old to frown deeply. She sighed as she forced herself away from the sleeping Princess.

Y/n was walking down the halls twords Claude office.
She opened the door and saw Claude at his death and Felix behind him.
But there was someone else.

A woman was standing in front of his desk. The women turned around, letting Y/n see her fully

She had pitch black hair that was tied up in a braid hair style that connected to a bun. She had soft lilac eyes and skin that was as white as snow.

She was beautiful.
But that didn't stop Y/n from being suspicious of her.

"Don't just stand there. It's disrespectful to do so. Introduce yourself to your new teacher." Claude said. Y/n frowns and walked over to them. She bowed her head
"I'm Y/n Rivia. Pleasure to meet you madam."

"Oh my. Charming indeed." The woman's voice was soothing and calmed Y/n down of any stress or suspicion.
"My name is Luna Zaroff. Please, address me as Ms. Zaroff."
Ms. Zaroff said with a smile.

On Y/n's first day with her new teacher.
She was easley beaten by Ms. Zaroff.

Ever since that day. Y/n has been working to the brown to improve herself in magic. She didn't visit Athanasia again. Not untill she got stronger. Especially in healing.

-

A month has passed. And Athanasia was finally awake. She was unfortunately saved by that red eyed boy she met. He got on her nerves, playing all innocent and shit.

"Papa. Where's Y/n. I wanna see her."
Athanasia said. Wanting to see her dear wife- I mean friend.
"She's busy. She won't be back until she has finished with her exams."
Claude did not explain any further.
4 days went by and there was no sign of Y/n.

Athanasia was able to get some information from gossiping maids.
They said that Y/n has been gone for 3 weeks with someone named 'Zaroff' and that the maid Sarina had left with them. But where exactly was Y/n.
And who the hell was Zaroff.

Right now, the boy she had incountered. He read the girls mind and decide to explain a few things to her
"Lady Rivia is going through what is called the Blue Jay exam. It's an exam for all females who have great magical ability. They must last for a long time without their magic, and go through triles and sometimes they must go against each other." The boy named Lucas, said while munching on some chocolate.

Athanasia frowns deeply.
She has never heard of these things from the story. But she did read something similar.

In a short scene with Y/n and Claude from the original story, they spoke of an exam and how Y/n had still failed.

"What happens if they fail."
Athanasia asked.
"Hm? Oh, easy. Death"