Chapter 8

"D-death!?"
Athanasia shouted. Lucas nods.
He was there for the first Blue Jay exam. And he has never held so much respect for those women.
They had to let go of everything important to keep going, including loved ones. They would give it all up, for power.

Claude had come and got Athanasia to sleep. When she did go to sleep she had a dream of that pretty lady again.

"Felix, any updates on the little Lizard?"
Claude asked while stroking Athanasia's head.

"Yes your majesty. She's teams up with a water mage from the Shanall clan. She had gotten injured from her last challenge. But she won."
Felix said. Claude nods and pondered for a bit. This time he was thinking of Y/n. And why exactly he kept the girl around. She was annoying some times, disrespectful at most and she always had at least three buttons undone and her hair was messy!

But she had a charm that came with all of that. It reminded him a lot of someone.
"When will she come back? The little bug here will be whining soon."

Felix frowns a bit as he looked through the information that Lady Zaroff had sent him;
"I-it seems like she has given us everything about the past weeks but nothing on when she will be back."
Said the red haired knight.

Meanwhile

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 10𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍 "

The voice spoke.
An island is seen.

A girl with pink hair smiles while a butterfly lands on her finger

Somewhere else, a girl with white hair and yellow eyes is washing her bloody hands at a water stream.

In a cave, a girl with short green hair is seen. Water surrounding her. She whispers in her native tongue. The water slowly flows to a girl with h/c hair and a metal arm.
The water surrounded a big wound on the girls stomach.
The green haired girl continues to speak in her native tongue while the other was sleeping, dreaming of familiar memories she had never made before.

Time went by and Y/n had awoken from her little nap.
Her e/c eyes looked around, seeing she was in a cave. Soon her e/c eyes we're met with black ones.
"Ah, you're awake."
The girl spoke

Y/n grunted as she sat up. Still feeling the pain in her stomach.
"Dani. How long have I been out?"
Y/n asked. Dani, a girl who looked about a year younger Y/n.

"Only for an hour. The next game will be starting in two more days." Dani said. Silence settles in between the two.

In each trial of the Blue Jay.
There is a 1 or 2 day brake.
And in those times of brakes, you can use your magic, you can talk to other contestants, but there will be no violence allowed. You are not allowed to kill anyone during the brakes or be about anywhere near another contestant when the games continue. Unless they are your teammate.

Y/n and the girl named Dani had teamed up last minute before the 3rd game had ended.

Dani was actually a chief's daughter from a clan in the East. Her water magic is top tear and is tied to her emotions. She can get rather angry pretty fast.

"Madame Zaroff said you should rest more." Dani spoke. Y/n frowns
"I'm fine." Y/n grunted put while standing up.

Dani stayed silent. Afraid Y/n will get even more mad and and up pushing herself over her limits.

"We should team up with the Namari siblings."

Dani's eyes widen,
"Are you insane!? No! We cannot team up with those crazy barbarians!"
Shouted Dani.
The two girl were now facing each other, the tension in the cave became more heavy

"They are our only chance of winning. There used to be 57,000 contestants. Now there is only 700 left. Do you know why? It's because the Namari sisters went on a killing spree." Said Y/n, gripping her fist.
Dani shook her head
"What if they betray us? Huh, what are you gonna do then? We can team up with anyone else!" Dani was practically pleading at this point.

Y/n saw the fear in her teammates eyes. She sighed as she walked up to the shorter girl and grabbed the green haired girl by her shoulders
"I know your afraid. But please trust me on this. After all of this is done, I promise to personally take you home and inform your father of the great deeds you have done for me on this god forsaken island."

There was now a calm air around them. Still a little bit of fear, but it was slowly fading away as Dani and leaned in and hugged Y/n, her head on the taller girls chest.
"Promise?"

". . . Promise"

-

Athanasia felt a bad feeling in her stomach. Like something was happening and if she saw it with her own eyes she wouldn't be happy.

Her mind instantly went to Y/n.
"Papa, how long is it going to take for
N/n to come back."
Athanasia asked.

Claude and Felix gave each other a knowing look.
"Soon. Now now but soon."
Said Claude.

'That's not an answer!' Athanasia thought angrily in her mind.

8 months later

"Congratulations to the 100 who made it. You are all now fully pledged Blue Jays. I wish you all luck in life and to use your new abilities wisely. . . . "

In the crowd.
A girl with h/c hair and two other girls behind her. All three of them, heads down.

Y/n was gripping a green ribbon with dried blood on the tips.

The two other girls glance to each other then looked to the girl in front of them.
Y/n sighed and looked back up to the talker.

Lilac eyes meet with her e/c eyes.
Ms. Zaroff scanned around Y/n and saw that she was missing one person from her little team.
Y/n glared at the lady.

A smirk formed Ms. Zaroff's lips
'How typical'

Hello, here to confirm a few things.
No Ms. Zaroff is not Alita.
And the Blue Jays are girls with magic that involves elements.
So kind of like ATLA.
Whoever you defeat you gain the persons power. Like if a water Waelder defeated a earth Waelder then that girl would have both water and earth magic. The goal for all girls is to get all four elements besides the one they already have.