Chapter 4

Y/n held onto Athanasia's hand with her metal one tightly as the two walked into the room Felix had pushed them into.

Y/n had gone back to the Ruby palace and was better then ever. The servants were amazed by the young girls new arm. Even Athanasia was shocked.

In the original book, Y/n had to go visit an old friend to get a metal arm. It didn't put that much detail in, just that Y/n and this friend used to be
romantically involved with each other.

It hurt Athanasia's heart just thinking about it. Y/n, being happy with someone else. Someone that was not her.

"Athy, what's wrong?"

Athanasia snapped out of her sad thoughts and is surprised to find Y/n cupping her face with both hands.
Suddenly, Y/n's curious face turned into a soft and warm smile.

Athanasia felt her face heat up as her heart started to beat faster.
'Y/n. . . '
Athanasia was about to say something, until she noticed Y/n was looking at something else. Something behind her.

Athanasia turned her head around to see what her wifey was looking at.
Just to see that same picture of Y/n's mother.

In this portrait, the women looked even more beautiful. Her purple eyes we're so mesmerizing. Her h/c wavey hair practically glimmering like how the sun reflects off the calm and steady sea.

'I kinda wish N/n got her mother's eyes. Purple would look beautiful on her. But I still think Y/n is pretty no matter what' Athanasia thought to herself as she smiled then looked back to Y/n.

But she was a little shocked to see and feel a rather dark aura around the girl.
Y/n's expression could not be identified by any emotion Athanasia could think of.

But she did think of one thing about the girls expression.
'Scary. . .! Wait, what am I thinking!? My sweet little N/n isn't scary. Just traumatized! Yeah, that's the word for it!'

The two then finally noticed the grown adult on the couch, asleep.

Y/n could see that Claude was deep in sleep. She knew being a ruler must be tiring, seeing two little children that will be no use to him is a waste of his time

"Ah, maybe we came on a wrong timing. We should go-" before Y/n even finished her sentence she saw Athanasia had both her hands up

Suddenly a little peeble dropped from her sleeve onto Claudes face.

". . .!" Y/n just stood their in shock and fear as Claude had woken up.

Athanasia, who thought fast, started to slowly and awkwardly pat Claude's chest with both hands

"L-leaves from the vine. . . "
Athanasia sang. Y/n, knowing what she was doing, continued on with it.
"Falling so slow, like small tiny shells *sniff* d-drifting in the foam." Y/n tried to sing the song without balling tears out. But she was on the edge of falling into the pit of emotional breakdown.

Regret and guilt washed over Athanasia. The song she sang was something that went on in Y/n's head as her final thoughts went on before she died.

Claude raised his brow as Y/n turned around quickly to cover her face.
But it was too late, Claude had already seen her sad teary eyed face.
He grabbed Y/n from behind and lifted her up and set her on his lap.

'OI what the hell do you think your doing! Let me comfort MY wife. GET YOUR OWN OLD MAN!!' Angry thoughts filled Athanasia's head
"Why are you crying."
It sounded more like a demand then a question.

Y/n, being a stubborn girl with pride, shook her head and just smile. . .
A rather painful sight for Athanasia to see. It was fake, Athanasia knew that. But the fact that it looked so real. It scared her.

"It's just that Mr. Papa is so pretty I started to cry tears of Joy!" Y/n sighed while wiping her tears and smiling.

Claude didn't believe it for one second. But he decided that her words were rather amusing.
"How did you learn to sing like that."
He spoke once more.

Claude did have to admit. The young girls voice sounds good for an 8 year old.
"Oh umm, I don't know." Was all she said. Because she really didn't know what he ment. Did she had to take lessons to sing properly? If so why didn't her uncle tell her earlier.

( っ'-')╮ =͟͟͞͞🏀

Now the three were on a boat.
Y/n, was not good with water.
So she was sticking close to Athanasia, exactly how Athanasia likes it.

Athanasia felt prideful that Y/n was clinging onto her arm.

The three had small talk here and there. But to Y/n it kinda felt like a an interrogation.
"So. your sure you have no family left."
Claude said. He had to make sure  so it doesn't seem like he had kidnapped a young child and kept her hear.

"Yes. They are all dead." Y/n said that so nonchalantly.
'They are dead to me at least.'

Y/n and Claude were so busy talking. They didn't notice Athanasia reaching out for the lotus flower.

Soon the two heard a splash

Y/n looked and saw Athanasia in the water, desperately trying to get to the surface.

Claude just looked at the poor girl. Not moving an inch. But Y/n didn't waste a second to take her jacket off and jump into the water. Leaving a slightly shocked and amused Claude.

Y/n didn't like water one single bit. But that didn't mean she couldn't swim. And damn was she good at it.

Y/n saw the vine that was dragging
Athy down. Anger filled the little girl, she refused to let some low life plant take away her light!

Y/n grabbed the vine. Soon the water around her hand started to boil. It got hotter and hotter until the vine was set on fire!

Athy winced in pain from the unexpected heat. But she soon felt like she was being pulled up.
"Gauh!"

Athanasia gasped for air as she was thrown onto the boat.
Y/n looked up and saw a hand reaching out for her. It was Claude!

She smiled and reached out for his hand. But before their hands could even touch. The vines grabbed both of her legs and pulled her down without warning.

"N/N!"

Y/n could hear Athy, screaming.
The young girl tried to brake free but it seems like the vines had gotten a hold of her wrist and her neack. This caught the young girl by surprise.

For the first time in a long while. She didn't know what to do.

'Is this how I die. . .? Heh, how pathetic. I guess father was right, I'm just as useless as mother.'
Tears started to leave the girls e/c eyes that she hated so much.

"*COUGH COUGH COUGH!*"
Claude cradled the young girl who was coughing water out.

"Princess!"

"Lady Rivia!"

Both Felix and Lily came running.
"Get someone to teach this one to swim.
I'll be taking this one again. Her arm might be ruined." He mumbled the last part as he used his magic to dry the three of them up.

He handed the little girl to Felix who wrapped a blanket around Y/n, just in case she was still cold.