Chapter 19

Years later

Y/n's fingers trail down the metal arm. The patterns being, stars and a red sword going through it all.

"It's beautiful." The girl spoke. She gazed down at the forger who had made the arm.

The man smiled and bowed down.
"Thank you your Highness! It's an honor to make whatever the princess desires."

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed and her jaw clenched, just for a moment before she smiled and thanked the forger once more.

Claude had finally decided to adopt you. The nobelmen had been actively try to get you out of the palace. Even going as far as trying to poison you.

He had enough of everything and adopted you. And if anyone would harm you with ill intent.

Claude will be glad to have their heads chopped off.

"My birthday is tomorrow Felix, calm down." You mumbled as you smiled and waved to the citizens.

"Calm down? Did you know that most deaths occur during big events like your birthday, before and after as well."
Felix spoke in worry.

You've been nearly assassinated so many times it's hard not for the red head knight to expect it.

You looked over to the man
"No need to fret. I want tomorrow to be a day for everyone to relax. To celebrate and be happy. Not a damn war."

Y/n has been mad at the way everyone has been treating her ever since she was adopted. Especially now that her debut is coming up.

Nothing bad has happened when you become princess. No more assassinations, no more odd looks from others. No more nasty rumors about why you were staying at the Royal Palace.

You stepped out of the carriage with Felix's help. You smiled once you looked up to see Athanasia running up to you in her pretty golden dress.

"Y/n!"

"Athy, darling"

The two of you embraced each other. Athanasia practically jumped onto you.
"How was Dorn?"

"It was beautiful. Got my new arm there."

The two of you walked side by side with Felix following behind. You both walked into a garden that contained only blue and white roses. That was your garden.

Claude changed the colors of the knights uniform to match your garden.
Dark blue and white did look rather good on Felix.

"So, tell me. Have you made any friends while I was gone?" You asked as you and Athy were walking by the wall of roses.

"No, not really. Just me, Blackie and Lucas." Athy responded.

You laughed at the facial expression the blonde had when she said the black haired boys name.

"I see, well. Nothing wrong with meeting new people." You said.