Chapter 13

Slightly fluff chapter

Claude had a meeting. And the noble men were complaining on a certain topic.
Y/n.

Y/n isn't supposed to be in the palace unless she was adopted into the family and she wasn't. She just showed up out of nowhere and she still keeps her last name but is treated like a princess.

Claude thought about it.
He sees Y/n as his 2nd daughter but doesn't feel the need to adopt her.

Don't get him wrong, he has come to love both Athanasia and Y/n in his own way, it's just that he feels it is unfair for Y/n to have a sudden responsibility as a Royal

Athanasia is the heir to the throne.
And Y/n is a young girl who just wants to be by Athanasia's side through it all.

Nothing more and nothing less.
Y/n already has a destiny and it's not to become the princess of this empire.

Claude was taking a small stroll by himself to just clear his mind. It was night time and it wasn't too cold nor too hot. The breez was nice and cool.

He Y/n has her own palace, she's treated like a literal princess and acts like one too  . . . And dressed like a prince, but we don't talk about that- anyway, Claude decided to visit Y/n and see how she is doing so far.

When he got to the Sapphire palace, it was quite. Not too lively but not too dead silent either. Just calm.

A complete opposite of how Claude sees Y/n.

"Your majesty, your looking for Lady Rivia I assume? She's in her room at the moment, do you want me to tell her of your arrival?" It was Y/n's Nanny, Sarina.

"No, I'll be going to her room on my own" Claude stated. He walked to Y/n's chambers.

He had said Y/n can decorate the palace to her liking, and so far it's not bad.
The designs seemed nothing like the designs in this empire so it was amusing to look at. Even on the outside,
F/f(favorite flowers) we're growing on the vines that spread on the castle walls.

Claude stopped in front of a door and knocked on it

"For gods sake- Sarina I don't want to try another dress on, please I can't handle that corset!" Y/n's voice was slightly muffled but Claude heard everything louder and clear. He scoffed in amusement

He opens the door up and see Y/n sitting in front of her vanity, her head in her hands
"So you've been playing dress up?"
Claude spoke.

Y/n perked up at the voice and turned her head, looking at Claude in shock, then her face shifted into nervousness

"Sorry. . . " Y/n apologized.

Y/n looked tired. Her eye bags seem to deepen as the days go on.
"I just can't seem to sleep." Y/n mumbled.

Claude gazed down at the child for a little longer. He sighed
"You'll be leaving with Zaroff in two days. It's to inform that girls family of her death, and to deliver her body to them" Claude said as he turned his back.

Y/n's eyes widen in shock. She stared at Claude in disbelief.
"I- I can't-"

"You don't have a choice. You must stop this mopping of yours and go to that girls family and apologize correctly"
Claude said, cutting Y/n off.